The world is a noisy place. And the internet is even louder. Building movements, organizations, and businesses requires more than money, good policy, or good products. It requires capturing people’s imagination and interest.
Human Agency is a full-service digital agency and technology solutions company helping anyone with a message break through the noise and connect with the world. Our commitment is to the free exercise of our human agency and to ensure anyone has the tools they need to make their voice heard online.
Our purpose-driven team of technologists, non-profit leaders, and creative entrepreneurs are values-aligned rock stars who are driven by the challenge of working towards the greater vision while simultaneously adapting to what's unfolding in the world.
Working with company leadership, the Chief Product Officer is an avid marketer, strategist, and builder who leads product research, development, adoption, and profitability. They are ultimately responsible for partnering with the CEO to improve the product vision, strategy, design, development, marketing, and sustainable value in terms of revenue, profits, and societal impact.
Product Strategy: Lead product research, strategy, and user engagement.
- Lead the development of product vision, partnering with company leadership to ensure product ideas become a strategically planned and executed product roadmap.
- Develop existing and new team roles that support product development, manage product team, and steward growth of team members.
- Develop and implement product research including but not exclusive to marketing analysis, competitor assessment, and feature research.
- Ensure continuous improvement in the product as well as the product’s compliance with market needs wrapped in a product experience that continuously and consistently delights the customers.
- Ensure product resonates with the consumers and, therefore, boost the product appeal to the consumers and turn increasing the consumer base and sales volume.
- Inform product pricing and consumer communication.
Product Development and Design: Build and lead an effective product team that executes seamless user experience and interface.
- Engage product and design teams to produce excellent product design, executing when necessary.
- Scope and support implementation of product development and design, executing when needed.
- Create and support implementation of product mode of operation, establishing methods and procedures for research, design conceptualization, prototyping, and product development.
- Manage communication across relevant teams - Technology (Engineering), Agency (Client Services), and product and ensure every department of the company has a clear understanding of product vision and progress.
Product Marketing: Develop product marketing strategy and support execution of user recruitment pipeline.
- Identify target consumer segments and markets, evaluating market trends, product industry, and competition strategies.
- Develop or support development of product sales strategies and partner with creative team to execute needed materials for effective product marketing.
- Lead communication of marketing company products, leveraging the CEO, COO, and cross-functional digital marketing team.
- Interact directly with current and prospective consumers in an effort to relay the products’ value and benefits while sourcing feedback and assessing reception and experience.
This job is for you if you have:
- 5+ years in product marketing, management, and/or design
- Experience scoping, managing, and executing complex product roadmapping and development
- Experience with product research and modeling effective product-market fit
- Superior problem solving skills and can self-manage with excellence
- Experience managing teams with varying levels of experience, building team members to increased capacity
- Ability to effectively conduct user interviews and establish processes for others to engage and communicate user input and feedback
- Excellent communication and meeting facilitation skills
- A team-player attitude with high-energy and a strong desire to help improve internal processes beyond your day-to-day tasks
You also may have:
- Desire to learn, grow, and meet the ambitious goals of a quickly growing startup
- Ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- A knack for asking great questions to uncover user pain points and adapt to their needs
- Openness to a wide range of work with a bent towards mission driven efforts for the greater good
Location: Anywhere in the USA is fine. Preferred locations are New York or St. Louis.
Apply at humanagency.org/apply