Working with other Principles and the CEO, the Principal is responsible for sales and partnership development, client management, and agency team operations and project delivery. They are ultimately accountable for improving the organization’s P&L, ensuring the organization has a positive impact, and ensuring partners have a positive experience with the company.
About the role:
- Develop and close new and existing business through phone and email with senior level decision makers in our target accounts
- Articulate and evangelize Human Agency’s value proposition to decision-makers across multiple industry verticals
- Maintain a deep understanding of customer needs and monitor their preferences
- Lead the consultative sales process from lead to close, collaborating closely with the sales development team
- Implement or utilize our CRM, marketing automation and sales acceleration tools to manage your pipeline and maintain accurate information about prospects and target accounts
- Provide accurate reporting and feedback on all leads and opportunities, meeting with leadership weekly to review
- Participate in ongoing development of sales process
- Set an example for the entire team and SDRs - Work according to company culture and values, prioritize ruthlessly, use stellar communication, deliver results effectively, and have a willingness to experiment
- Estimate costs and scope projects to deliver timely, accurate, and creative proposals to prospective clients
- Advance own professional and technical knowledge through workshops, events, and other educational training
- Manage the agency team using the company systems
- Develop improved systems for team management
- Ensure Partners’ needs are met and they are happy
- Lead the execution of partnership development efforts.
- Research potential clients current digital marketing efforts to inform sales strategy.
- Develop sales proposals, personalizing to each client and routinely updating to ensure Human Agency is putting its best foot forward.
- Prepare presentations and support the team to be fully prepared for partner engagement.
- Coordinate project management ensuring all team members are equipped with full information about deliverables, timelines, and progress.
- Keep all internal materials and project management tools organized and up to date.
- Manage data & research team to ensure internal data and tracking is available and utilized by the team.
- Prepare reports for CEO, Principal(s), and team at large on progress towards goals as needed.
- Identify and develop automation of routine tasks and processes.
- Help coordinate administrative needs of the company at large ensuring we all have what we need to get the job done.
- Provide human resources support by recruiting, communicating with, and screening potential hires.
- Ensure payments from clients and payments to contracted support are received and issues in a timely manner.
- Supporting purchasing of materials and online accounts for software across the company.
- Ensure clients have excellent experience through on-going engagement and communication.
- Provide efficient and clear communication proactively to clients and in response to client requests as assigned.
- Participate in client meetings professionally and with prepared knowledge of all relevant client activities.
- Communicate to broader Human Agency team client needs as they arise and learnings from clients that can improve our work overall.
- Engage directly in client deliverable production as needed.
- 3-5 years in a sales / account manager role role (preferably at an advertising firm / agency)
- Experience scoping various projects (websites, media campaigns, branding, social media) with both short (1-3 mo) and long-term (9 mo+) durations
- Experience managing projects and teams
- Ability to proactively engage new clients through email and phone
- A consultative and human sales approach -- every conversation is different, we don’t run on scripts
- Skills to passionately and clearly articulate value/benefit of xxxx
- Knack for asking great questions to uncover prospect pain points and adapt to their needs
- Team-player attitude with high-energy and a strong desire to help improve internal processes beyond your day-to-day tasks
- Desire to learn, grow, and meet the ambitious sales goals of a quickly growing startup and sales team
- Able to work independently in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment
Location: Anywhere in the USA is fine. Preferred locations New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Seattle, St. Louis, D.C.
Salary Floor: $50k+ depending on location + experience. Opportunities for equity in addition to cash compensation.
Apply at humanagency.org/apply