Engineering Lead at Human Agency
Are you passionate about change? Do you work on projects because you care about how they will affect real people’s lives and society as a whole?
Human Agency is a venture backed, software product company looking for exceptional software engineers to join our team of “changers”. We are building a digital ads platform that gives everyone the ability to effectively advocate for their values and leverage digital ads for societal good.
We are looking for a lead engineer that shares our passion for building a great product backed by great software engineering. At Human Agency, we are believers in the Agile Manifesto and Extreme Programming. All of our code is written using TDD and BDD. We pair program on all of our work. We work closely with the customer and our product owners to make sure what we are building is right the first time. We love building software that can change the world and we would love for you to join us.
Here’s what we offer:
- The ability to work when you want, and take off when you want.
- A top of the line MacBook Pro.
- Fully stocked snack bar at office.
- Company wide ski trips, white water rafting trips, and more.
Here’s what we expect from a lead engineer:
- Deliver test driven features using in a concurrent web application.
- Mentor other developers in TDD, VIM, TMUX, and Pair Programming.
- Conduct technical research and feature spikes around API integration.
- Champion the use of TDD, VIM, TMUX, and pair programming.
- Perform code reviews and guide the team in clean code and good architecture decisions.
- Ensure the app is following security best practices.
- Facilitate Agile and Scrum practices.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner on “READY-ready” stories.
- Manage risks such as concurrency concerns, scaling, and throughput.
- Ensure consistent delivery of value to the customer.
- Interview new developers for the team.
Here’s what a great lead engineer looks like:
- 5 years + experience growing web applications using Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, and React.
- Experience in deploying 12 factor applications on Heroku and AWS.
- Thorough understanding of web app security.
- Complete conviction of in using TDD and BDD to build applications.
- Experience working with FactoryBot, RSpec, and Capybara to test web applications.
- Experience integrating third party APIs.
- Strong Experience working with Extreme Programming techniques such as Pair Programming.
- Ability to travel outside of the US for two weeks at a time.