The world is a noisy place. And the internet is even louder. Building movements, organizations, and businesses requires more than money, good policy, or good products. It requires capturing people’s imagination and interest.
Human Agency is a full-service digital agency and technology solutions company helping anyone with a message break through the noise and connect with the world. Our commitment is to the free exercise of our human agency and to ensure anyone has the tools they need to make their voice heard online.
Our purpose-driven team of technologists, non-profit leaders, and creative entrepreneurs are values-aligned rock stars who are driven by the challenge of working towards the greater vision while simultaneously adapting to what's unfolding in the world.
Working with the company leadership and leading the design team, the Creative Director is responsible for ensuring we deliver bold and effective creative content across all mediums. They will provide creative leadership and design support across client deliverables and technology products, generating big-picture dreams and facilitating the development of beautiful content that gets people engaged and thinking. They will partner with account teams to develop and implement creative strategy for relevant clients and support a cross-functional team to execute deliverables.
- Lead front-end product design: In partnership with Chief Technology Officer, Chief Executive Officer, and other product leadership staff, lead the UI/UX design of the company’s proprietary software.
- Help design software products from concept to release and manage iterative processes for efficient turnaround.
- Work with leadership to craft, refine, implement, and communicate design vision and product strategy.
- Solve problems through existing design patterns or facilitate problem solving through new patterns.
- Identify, hire, and manage design support both staff and contractors as needed.
- Lead agency branding, graphic, and web design: Lead development and implementation of all graphic design creation for clients and Human Agency.
- Lead and manage content strategy for both small-scale and large-scale projects, harnessing strategy, digital and brand design, and compelling content.
- Create visual identities for a variety of clients, from concept through deployment and work with external branding consultants as needed.
- Create or support creation of all necessary visual elements, style guides, and editable templates for new brands, including but not limited to: logos, web interfaces, print materials, packaging, lower thirds, subtitles, titles, animation styles, social templates.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to scope project goals and concepts, and lead design execution.
- Scope all creative projects and support full-time and freelance creative team to execute, creating content independently as needed.
- Execute all web design with support of cross-functional team members.
- Identify, hire, and manage design support both internally and contractual as needed.
- Support video production: Engage needed team members to ensure video content for a variety of placements is executed with excellence.
- Support account teams and copywriters to guide videography projects.
- Engage freelance videography team to produce video content.
- Incorporate authentic and compelling content throughout all deliverables as appropriate.
- Develop visually stunning mobile and desktop web designs with excellent user experience for clients and for Human Agency.
This job is for you if you have:
- 5+ years of experience working in a professional design environment and 3+ years of experience designing consumer products for mobile and web.
- Proven experience designing web-based applications, visual identities for a variety of clients across sectors, and creating engaging visual content for websites and social media.
- Experience managing cross-functional teams of varying levels of experience.
- Are fluent in most of the following: Adobe Creative Suite, Squarespace, Sketch, Figma, wireframing, and sharing software and tools.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and ability to project manage effectively.
You also may have:
- A portfolio that shows you've worked on a range of challenging projects across all steps of the design process: research, prototyping, and visual aesthetics.
- Expertise in interactive design, information architecture, motion, or visual design.
- Desire to champion user-centered design principles and methodologies.
- Desire to be collaborative, passionate about design, and have positive/effective team building skills.
- Openness to a wide range of client work with a bent towards mission driven efforts for the greater good