The world is a noisy place. And the internet is even louder. Building movements, organizations, and businesses requires more than money, good policy, or good products. It requires capturing people’s imagination and interest.
Human Agency is a full-service digital agency and technology solutions company helping anyone with a message break through the noise and connect with the world. Our commitment is to the free exercise of our human agency and to ensure anyone has the tools they need to make their voice heard online.
Our purpose-driven team of technologists, non-profit leaders, and creative entrepreneurs are values-aligned rock stars who are driven by the challenge of working towards the greater vision while simultaneously adapting to what's unfolding in the world.
Working with company leadership, the Principal is responsible for sales and partnership development, client management, and project delivery. They are ultimately accountable for being a significant contributor to improving the organization’s P&L, ensuring the organization has a positive impact, and ensuring partners have a positive experience with the company.
Partnership Management: Lead engagement with designated clients over the course of their relationship with the company.
- Develop and maintain relationships with designated individuals from client organizations, campaigns, and businesses, communicating efficiently, clearly, and proactively.
- Lead client meetings professionally and with prepared knowledge of and materials on all relevant client activities demonstrating the value Human Agency brings to their goals and work.
- Communicate to broader Agency team feedback to continuously improve deliverables for any given client, overall Agency systems, and client reporting.
- Engage directly in ensuring deliverables, systems, and reporting are excellent as needed.
Project Management: Serve as a liaison between partners and Agency team, ensuring expectations are communicated and met.
- Document and communicate client needs, timelines, and expectations to the broader Agency team.
- Manage assigned team members, providing feedback and direction, to ensure success on client deliverables.
- Maintain a basic understanding of services delivery and engage directly in ensuring client deliverables across all digital marketing domains are met as needed.
- Collaborate with company leadership and Agency team to improve project management systems as needed.
- Prepare and report to company leadership on client satisfaction and team performance as needed.
Revenue Generation: Develop and secure new or increased work with clients.
- Engage senior level decision makers from target clients to communicate strategies and tactics, instilling confidence and excitement for Human Agency’s value proposition across industries.
- Develop strategies and solutions for potential or existing clients to increase revenue, employing a deep understanding of Human Agency’s capacities and a willingness to innovate to solve problems.
- Implement the sales process from start to finish, identifying potential clients, gathering needed research, developing appropriate budget, and creating personalized sales presentations in partnership with members of the Agency team.
- Document sales process and work with other team members pursuing revenue to improve company’s overall sales strategy.
This job is for you if you have:
- 8+ years in a sales / account manager role (preferably at an advertising firm / agency)
- Experience scoping, managing, and executing a wide range of projects (websites, media campaigns, branding, social media) with both short (1-3 mo) and long-term (9 mo+) durations, both individually and in partnership with a team
- Ability to proactively engage new clients through email and phone using a consultative and human sales approach -- every conversation is different, we don’t run on scripts
- Creative ability to generate ideas for messaging, ad campaigns, and creative deliverables and clearly communicate ideas to a team of executors.
You also may have:
- A team-player attitude with high-energy and a strong desire to help improve internal processes beyond your day-to-day tasks
- Desire to learn, grow, and meet the ambitious sales goals of a quickly growing startup and sales team
- Ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- A knack for asking great questions to uncover prospect pain points and adapt to their needs
- Openness to a wide range of client work with a bent towards mission driven efforts for the greater good
Location: Anywhere in the USA is fine. Preferred locations are New York or St. Louis.