Human Agency is building a world where the most powerful tools of media and technology can and should be used to advance the values and goals of people. Digital advertising today is profit-centered, more complex than it needs to be, and is currently monopolized by those who have existing knowledge, tools and resources. We’re here to change that.
Our purpose-driven team of technologists, non-profit leaders, and creative entrepreneurs are looking for values-aligned rock stars who are driven by the challenge of working towards the greater vision while simultaneously adapting to what's unfolding in the world. Our commitment is to the free exercise of our human agency and to ensure anyone has the tools they need to make their voice heard online.
About the Role
Human Agency builds and supports the movements of campaigns, businesses, and activists by offering strategy consulting, creative development, and digital technology solutions.
We are seeking a passionate and meticulous Graphic Designer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate can effectively translate the objectives of Human Agency and our clients into compelling brands via beautiful and innovative design. A top candidate is able to work across platforms to develop creative assets for a diverse group of small business, nonprofit, and political clients.
What the Graphic Designer does:
- Brand Development and Implementation:
- Lead development and implementation of branding assets for clients and Human Agency.
- Create visual identities for a variety of clients, from concept through deployment.
- Create all necessary visual elements, style guides, and editable templates for new brands, including but not limited to: logos, websites, print materials, lower thirds, subtitles, titles, animation styles, social templates.
- Ensure consistent implementation of branding across client and agency brands.
- Work with external consultants for brand development as needed.
- Digital Media & Web Design:
- Daily creation of engaging content from animations to videos to graphics for Human Agency and our clients to be deployed across socials and as ads.
- Coordinate freelance graphic design support as needed in the production of social media content.
- Partner with account teams to develop and implement social media strategy for relevant clients.
- Develop visually stunning Squarespace websites with high user experience for clients and make improvements to Human Agency website as needed.
- Print Media Design:
- Create and manipulate print materials as needed for Human Agency and our clients, such as brochures, flyers, posters, business cards, etc.
- Utilize strong communication skills to design print materials that portray specific messages effectively.
This could be the job for you if you:
- Have 3-5 years of experience working in a professional design environment.
- Have proven experience creating visual identities for a variety of clients.
- Have proven experience creating a high volume of engaging visual content for social media.
- Are excellent at creating print materials from brochures to billboards.
- Feel comfortable designing in multiple formats and sizes for all the platforms.
- Have proven experience designing websites, preferably strong Squarespace experience.
- Are fluent in most of the following: Adobe Creative Suite, Squarespace, Sketch, Figma, wireframing, and sharing software and tools.
This is definitely the job for you if you:
- Have proven experience of making the world a better place through good design.
- Feel comfortable interacting with many types of people in many different roles (from colleagues to consultants, to clients) as needed.
- Comfortable working on multiple projects at once, often with tight turn arounds.
- Have the ability to self-critique and self-manage.
- Pay strong attention to detail and have a passion for organization and naming conventions.