We’re looking for a scrappy, creative and self-driven Social Media Manager to join our Content Marketing team and take Huckberry’s organic social presence to the next level. This role is the first line of interaction with our community, a key contributor to our content, and an integral part of bringing Huckberry’s mission to life.
You’re a good fit for this role if you’re quick on your feet, have a knack for storytelling, and are highly adaptive to the rapidly changing landscape of social media. You’re up for the challenge of figuring out how to film a talk show on an iPhone, capturing behind-the-scenes video at a sunrise photoshoot, and firing off a Twitter poll from the hip—all in the same day.
Qualified candidates will have a proven track record in community management and growing social followings. The role will report directly to Head of Content Marketing.
- Grow and engage Huckberry's audience and brand reputation across all relevant social networks
- Implement and develop Huckberry’s social media strategy
- Schedule daily posts across social media platforms and manage the social media calendar
- Work with the product and marketing teams to coordinate and/or execute supporting social campaigns for key product/brand launches
- Pitch and execute social content series and programming
- Maintain “always on” work flexibility to handle communication needs outside of typical business hours, as well as last minute travel and events
- Monitor conversations and trends across social media platforms to respond timely, on brand, and inform relevant internal teams of questions, product suggestions, story ideas and trending topics.
- Share weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance updates, including wins, learnings, and opportunities for improvement
- 2+ years of working experience in a social media and/or community management role for a consumer brand, publication, or agency
- Experience with all major social media networks, in addition to analytics and scheduling tools such as Hootsuite, Buffer, Google Analytics, etc
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Lightroom
- Competent photography skills
- Video production and editing experience a plus
- Highly organized and proactive, always looking for ways to push Huckberry social forward while still keeping on top of the day-to-day
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills, with a proven track record of writing engaging content
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to take feedback constructively
- A love of men’s apparel, gear, and adventure
- A willingness to travel and develop social content in the field on scheduled photo shoots, brand events, etc
In the past week, this role may have:
- Worked in lock-step with our email production and design teams to ensure that social content supports a new product launch in the Huckberry newsletter
- Joined Huckberry photographers on a lifestyle photoshoot to capture mobile-first content
- Polled our audience on their favorite hot sauce, and then met with our Journal editor to turn the results into a piece of content for an email next week
- Sourced and slated inspirational photos for our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Brainstormed an upcoming sponsored marketing campaign concept for a major beverage partner
- Sent the Huckberry Ambassador team a package of our latest gear and apparel to shoot
How To Apply:
- Upload your resume
- Provide links to your social profiles
- Provide 3 Instagram accounts that are inspiring you right now
Here at Huckberry, we're building the 21st century men's retailer. We’re on a mission to inspire and equip adventures near and far, and along the way create the most loved men’s retailer on the planet. We were recently named one of IAB's most disruptive consumer brands of 2019, and are only just getting started.
Huckberry was bootstrapped from a $20k personal investment in 2011 from co-founders Richard Greiner and Andy Forch to over 70 employees before raising its first outside capital in 2017. Today, we’re still independent and headquartered in San Francisco, California with offices in Columbus, Ohio. Our investors all started as customers, and include members of the Nordstrom family, Simon family, Hormel family, and #1 New York Times best-selling author Tim Ferriss.
Our mission of inspiring and equipping adventures is at the core of everything we do. That's why in addition to competitive market salaries and benefits, we have a generous vacation policy, a sabbatical program (recent employee trips include a surf and yoga retreat in Morocco, dog sledding in Norway et al.), summer "See You Out There" Fridays, white water rafting trips, and, of course, loads of free gear.
Huckberry encourages candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are always eager to further diversify our company, and we are committed to providing an inclusive environment of mutual respect where all can flourish. All of our employment decisions are based solely on merit and business need.