Huckberry is seeking a highly motivated student or recent graduate to work alongside our in-house Product team at our San Francisco headquarters. This internship offers individuals real-time experience with tasks, processes, and functions found in a fast-paced and influential menswear retail brand.
This position is for 15 hours per week at $15/hour for a duration of 3 months
- Assist product team on various design and production tasks
- Organize fabric, trim, samples, and color archives
- Participate in fitting and prototype meetings
- Assist execution of tech packs, material files, and BOM creation
- Creative research and development
- Ship samples to factories and request samples from the warehouse
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word), Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe
- Strong interest in menswear and retail
- A keen eye towards detail
- Maintains a positive, can-do attitude in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Ability to multi-task and ensure satisfactory and timely completion of projects
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Pursuing a degree with a focus in the fashion/textile industry
To apply for this position, in a cover letter please submit responses to the following:
- Where do you want to go for your next vacation? Why?
- What are your top 3 favorite brands? Why?
- What elements make you feel proud of a product you’ve designed?
- What do you look for in the products you buy for yourself?
- You're designing a new Flint and Tinder product for SS20. What would be the first product you would make? How would you pitch this to our merchandising team?
Here at Huckberry, we're building the 21st century men's retailer. We’re on a mission to inspire and equip adventures near and far, and along the way create the most loved men’s retailer on the planet. We were recently named one of IAB's most disruptive consumer brands of 2019, and are only just getting started.
Huckberry was bootstrapped from a $20k personal investment in 2011 from co-founders Richard Greiner and Andy Forch to over 70 employees before raising its first outside capital in 2017. Today, we’re still independent and headquartered in San Francisco, California with offices in Columbus, Ohio. Our investors all started as customers, and include members of the Nordstrom family, Simon family, Hormel family, and #1 New York Times best-selling author Tim Ferriss.
Our mission of inspiring and equipping adventures is at the core of everything we do. That's why in addition to competitive market salaries and benefits, we have a generous vacation policy, a sabbatical program (recent employee trips include a surf and yoga retreat in Morocco, dog sledding in Norway et al.), summer "See You Out There" Fridays, white water rafting trips, and, of course, loads of free gear.
Want to get know us better? Check out our:
Huckberry encourages candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are always eager to further diversify our company, and we are committed to providing an inclusive environment of mutual respect where all can flourish. All of our employment decisions are based solely on merit and business need.