Huckberry is an independent online retailer and magazine for those who love adventure. We're a team of 80ish based in San Francisco, California with offices in Columbus, Ohio. Over a million young, active professionals trust us as their leading resource for emerging brands, gear, and lifestyle inspiration.We're bootstrapped, profitable and proud (read our story here: Bit.ly/TheHuckberryStory
), and have been called "the future of eCommerce for guys." We look forward to meeting you.
The Digital Merchandiser is responsible for applying knowledge of key eCommerce and merchandising business principles to develop digital support plans to achieve sales and engagement goals. He or She will also formulate and execute the merchandising and marketing strategies that optimize product organization, placement and presentation on Huckberry.com and our best-in-class emails. You will balance analytics and logic with creativity and intuition, thinking with both the left and right sides of your brain to deliver a compelling, delightful – and highly converting – customer experience. You will be a crucial cross-functional partner to multiple teams across the company including Buying, Planning, Creative Production, CX, Logistics, Retention, and Tech.
- Partner with Merchandising teams to understand seasonal product strategies. Define, communicate and drive execution of seasonal digital activity/category plans.
- Merchandise both new & repeat customer homepages daily using data, product calendar, category coverage, seasonality, sales, creativity and customer behavior.
- Work with Buyers to strategize, execute, and maintain department landing pages
- Work with Business Intel and Search teams to monitor and optimize shop presentation
Report on Site Search results to give guidance to Buyers and Planners
- Learn new tools as they become available, develop strategies for use and build and execute plans to use tools to support business needs.
- Execute Global Email and Promotion strategy
- Generate and execute ideas to segment and personalize the Huckberry email
- Evolve processes and cross team efficiency to get ahead, allowing for segmentation and future of email channel
- Merchandise weekly e-mails to hit revenue and click-through goals based on data, seasonality, newness, and opportunity size
- Selecting appropriate landing page for all emails and promo spots on the site
- Daily execution and sign off of all emails
- Continually audit and improve site systems and processes
- Consistently hit deadlines
- Work with buyers and marketing on new story telling initiatives (ex. Shop the Look, Buyers Picks, etc)
- Analyze email performance and provide ongoing feedback to Creative, Marketing and Merchandising teams on what is working and what is not
- Join the weekly business meetings to inform your merchandising
- Bachelors degree and 2+ years of Digital, E-mail or Site Merchandising, e-commerce experience a big plus
- Analytical with creative tendencies
- A deep understanding and interest in the Huckberry Customer
- Has an understanding of the merchandising buying process
- Aptitude with learning new tools, developing strategies for use and building and executing plans to use tools to support business needs
- Extremely flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Creative, open-minded nature, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Uses business knowledge, critical thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities