Huckberry is seeking a Head of Operations in Columbus, Ohio to lead both the Warehouse and Customer Experience functions, as well as ownership over logistics and our WMS/OMS system. Both the warehouse manager and customer experience manager will report to you. You should be maniacal about driving a best-in-class customer experience while maintaining cost efficiency.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with e-commerce or retail background. You are a systems thinker, yet like to stretch your creative mind. You are both a manager and a business partner. Your track record should include several roles where you led your team through significant periods of high growth, improved operating efficiencies, and maintained the highest quality products and customer experience.
- Be an integral leader on a best-in-class Operations team with an eye for culture, streamlined systems & processes, sustainable methods and cost-effective order fulfillment and CS
- Manage Warehouse and Customer Experience teams to ensure they are properly organized, staffed, and directed to fulfill their respective responsibilities
- Formulate and measure key performance metrics across all operational functions of the business; conduct rigorous ROI analysis on operational spend
- Develop annual operating budgets for all areas of ownership, with detailed KPI assumptions; review expenses regularly to ensure financial targets are being met, and course correct as needed
- Represent the Operations team on the Huckberry Operating Committee; educate cross-functional partners on Operational impacts, to ensure that business decisions are fully informed
- Push the boundaries of Customer Experience via new communication channels and customer engagement programs
- Own our WMS/OMS system, driving continuous improvement in functionality and efficiency, while reducing costs
- Lead large scale carrier and packaging negotiations several times per year; drive average shipping and packaging costs down over time while improving service levels
- Evaluate enhancements/innovations for getting products to and from customers faster, reducing damage/return rates, improving employee efficiency, and increasing customer satisfaction
- Drive warehouse expansion strategy to support Huckberry’s aggressive growth plans, including evaluation of 3PL and regional warehouse options
- Support retail store expansion strategy and execution for store openings
- 7+ years of progressive upward experience in distribution and logistics functions; preferably in the e-Commerce industry
- Previous experience managing large scale; multi-site warehouse operations
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to identify meaningful themes in quantitative and qualitative data and use them to make informed recommendations
- You thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a roll-up-sleeves philosophy
- Superb communication and people management skills
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment
- Ability to work effectively with multiple teams to resolve issues and/or complete projects (strong drive and track record of starting and finishing projects strong)
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities
Huckberry is an independent online men’s retailer and magazine for those who love adventure. We're a team of 100’ish based in San Francisco, California with offices in Columbus, Ohio. Over a million young, active professionals trust us as their leading resource for emerging brands, gear, and lifestyle inspiration. We're bootstrapped, profitable and proud (read our story here: Bit.ly/TheHuckberryStory), and have been called "the future of eCommerce for guys." We look forward to meeting you.
Want to get know us better? Check out our:
Huckberry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.