Huckberry is looking for a part-time sales associate for our shop in New York City. This is an exciting opportunity to play an integral role in our first brick and mortar retail experience. We are looking for someone who tackles projects from a strategic and creative approach, and inspires others with a positive, can do attitude. This position is for the candidate who wants to jump in headfirst to make an immediate impact, work in a collaborative team environment, and set a high bar with their commitment to superior customer service.
- Maintain store-appearance standards while keeping the merchandise organized and the sales floor stocked
- Use Point-of-sale system for processing payments, refunds, exchanges, and issuing gift cards
- Greet guests upon entering store and engage them in meaningful conversations about the brand and products
- Assist customers with finding appropriate styles and sizes
- Participate in Huckberry events and initiatives
- At least 2 years of retail experience
- Strong attention to detail and adaptability
- Dedication to best in class customer service
- Strong communication skills - support customers and Huckberry HQ
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Comfortable spending 8 hours standing and moving
Who We Are
Here at Huckberry, we're building the 21st century men's retailer. We’re on a mission to inspire and equip adventures near and far, and along the way create the most loved men’s retailer on the planet. We were recently named one of IAB's most disruptive consumer brands of 2019, and are just getting started.
Huckberry was bootstrapped from a $20k personal investment from co-founders Richard Greiner and Andy Forch to over 70 employees before raising our first outside capital in 2017. Today, we’re still independent and a team of 90ish based in San Francisco, California with offices in Columbus, Ohio. Our investors all started as customers, and include members of the Nordstrom family, Simon family, Hormel family, and #1 New York Times best-selling author Tim Ferriss.
Our mission of inspiring and equipping adventures is at the core of everything we do. That's why in addition to competitive market salaries and benefits, we have a generous vacation policy, a sabbatical program (recent employee trips include a surf and yoga retreat in Morocco, dog sledding in Norway et al.), summer "See You Out There" Fridays, white water rafting trips, and, of course, loads of free gear. We look forward to meeting you!
Want to get to know us better? Check out:
- The Huckberry Story: Bit.ly/TheHuckberryStory
- The Huckberry Journal: Huckberry.com/journal
- Instagram: Instagram.com/Huckberry
- Twitter: Twitter.com/Huckberry
Huckberry encourages candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are always eager to further diversify our company, and we are committed to providing an inclusive environment of mutual respect where all can flourish. All of our employment decisions are based solely on merit and business need.