Huckberry is looking for a talented, entrepreneurial footwear designer to spearhead our house brands footwear design, sourcing, and development. You will lead the design process in collaboration with the footwear team to implement designs that capture market trends and customer demands, while continuing to innovate and push the category forward. You will play a vital role in building multiple footwear brands across different categories.
- Responsible for entire design and development process:
- Researching inspiration, developing new concepts, sketch review, creating technical packages, CADS, and overseeing samples.
- Work with merchandising and buying team to produce product that is brand right and customer focused
- Manage sourcing, development, and daily communication with overseas vendors
- Develop and oversee overall direction of footwear brands
- Partner with marketing and editorial on brand and product launches
- Research and forecast fashion, materials and market trends
- Ensure all major milestone dates are met
- 5+ years experience in men’s footwear design
- Experience in footwear development and sourcing
- Good project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge of product design, construction techniques, and appropriate use of materials, including extensive knowledge and full understanding of product design including outsole construction techniques, last making, materials, color, etc.
- Illustrator/Photoshop skills required
- Self starter with entrepreneurial spirit
Huckberry is an independent online men’s retailer and magazine for those who love adventure. We're a team of 100’ish based in San Francisco, California with offices in Columbus, Ohio. Over a million young, active professionals trust us as their leading resource for emerging brands, gear, and lifestyle inspiration. We're bootstrapped, profitable and proud (read our story - link below), and have been called "the future of eCommerce for guys." We look forward to meeting you.
Want to get know us better? Check out our:
Huckberry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.