Huckberry is looking for a talented, entrepreneurial footwear designer to spearhead our house brands footwear design, sourcing, and development. You will lead the design process in collaboration with the footwear team to implement designs that capture market trends and customer demands, while continuing to innovate and push the category forward. You will play a vital role in building multiple footwear brands across different categories.
- Responsible for entire design and development process:
- Researching inspiration, developing new concepts, sketch review, creating technical packages, CADS, and overseeing samples.
- Work with merchandising and buying team to produce product that is brand right and customer focused
- Manage sourcing, development, and daily communication with overseas vendors
- Develop and oversee overall direction of footwear brands
- Partner with marketing and editorial on brand and product launches
- Research and forecast fashion, materials and market trends
- Ensure all major milestone dates are met
- 5+ years experience in men’s footwear design
- Experience in footwear development and sourcing
- Good project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge of product design, construction techniques, and appropriate use of materials, including extensive knowledge and full understanding of product design including outsole construction techniques, last making, materials, color, etc.
- Illustrator/Photoshop skills required
- Self starter with entrepreneurial spirit
Who We Are
Here at Huckberry, we're building the 21st century men's retailer. We’re on a mission to inspire and equip adventures near and far, and along the way create the most loved men’s retailer on the planet. We were recently named one of IAB's most disruptive consumer brands of 2019, and are just getting started.
Huckberry was bootstrapped from a $20k personal investment from co-founders Richard Greiner and Andy Forch to over 70 employees before raising our first outside capital in 2017. Today, we’re still independent and a team of 90ish based in San Francisco, California with offices in Columbus, Ohio. Our investors all started as customers, and include members of the Nordstrom family, Simon family, Hormel family, and #1 New York Times best-selling author Tim Ferriss.
Our mission of inspiring and equipping adventures is at the core of everything we do. That's why in addition to competitive market salaries and benefits, we have a generous vacation policy, a sabbatical program (recent employee trips include a surf and yoga retreat in Morocco, dog sledding in Norway et al.), summer "See You Out There" Fridays, white water rafting trips, and, of course, loads of free gear. We look forward to meeting you!
Want to get know us better? Check out our:
Huckberry encourages candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are always eager to further diversify our company, and we are committed to providing an inclusive environment of mutual respect where all can flourish. All of our employment decisions are based solely on merit and business need.