Huckberry is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Executive Team. You will partner with our executives on corporate strategy as well as lead your own finance team. You will be responsible for all company-wide strategic planning, forecasting, financial reporting, monthly closes, budgeting and strategic analysis. You have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, as well as a healthy balance in both strategy and execution. The right candidate will have the capability to grow into Huckberry’s CFO, over time.
You are a self-starter with an e-commerce or retail background. You are both a manager and a business partner, providing financial leadership and analytical support to executives as well as your core Finance and Accounting teams, while maintaining strong internal controls. You will report directly to co-founder, Richard Greiner.
- Lead all finance and accounting efforts at Huckberry
- Manage all aspects of cash flow, including LoC facilities, financing and diligence activities, as needed
- Drive investor relations and lead fundraising as needed
- Own the 3-year Operating Plan reflecting key business strategies (P&L, B/S, cash flow)
- Drive the annual budget process, ensuring alignment with long-term strategic plan, and hold teams accountable to financial performance on a monthly basis
- Create and analyze monthly financial and business operating reports while making recommendations to improve results
- Partner with the Planning and Merchandise teams to provide inventory analyses and to drive top-down forecasting, margin, and inventory receipt targets
- Manage FP&A team to generate actionable financial and operational insights that drive business results
- Manage all Accounting Operations, including Accounts Payable, to help establish more robust internal controls and ensure compliance
- Frequently dive into Operations: logistics, warehouse, returns, customer service, etc
- 10+ years of Finance and FP&A experience, ideally at medium and small high growth companies
- Experience in hiring, managing, and mentoring a team of Analysts and Accountants
- Experience in e-commerce, retail, apparel or consumer sectors preferred
- Must be an analytical, strategic thinker with the ability to effectively collaborate across all levels of the organization
- Technical capability and hands-on willingness to build complex financial models and conduct detailed data analysis
- Ability to draw concise and crisp conclusions from complex and detailed data, and present results to leadership team at Huckberry
- Advanced understanding of accounting and interrelationship of financial statements
- Highly proficient in Excel, Financial Modeling and Quickbooks
To apply for this position:
- Upload your resume
- Link us to your LinkedIn profile
- Tell us the most exciting thing you've recently learned - one that's relevant to this role?
- Finally, what drives you crazy about this JD?
Huckberry is an independent online men’s retailer and magazine for those who love adventure. We're a team of 100’ish based in San Francisco, California with offices in Columbus, Ohio. Over a million young, active professionals trust us as their leading resource for emerging brands, gear, and lifestyle inspiration. We're bootstrapped, profitable and proud (read our story - link below), and have been called "the future of eCommerce for guys." We look forward to meeting you.
Want to get know us better? Check out our:
Huckberry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.