Huckberry is an independent online retailer and magazine for those who love adventure. We're a team of 80ish based in San Francisco, California with offices in Columbus, Ohio. Over a million and a half young, active professionals trust us as their leading resource for emerging brands, gear, and lifestyle inspiration.We're independent (read: Bit.ly/TheHuckberryStory
), and have been called "the future of eCommerce for guys." We look forward to meeting you.
Huckberry is looking for an experienced Buyer to drive and grow the third party apparel business. A key member of the Brand Partnerships team, you will develop and lead the execution of apparel merchandise strategy while simultaneously delivering on financial goals and business objectives. We are looking for someone who has exceptional judgement, a deep understanding of the Huckberry customer, and love of product and storytelling. Maintaining and nurturing ongoing brand relationships and real friendships with our partners is a key to success as is sourcing new brands to sell on Huckberry on a weekly basis.
- Work with Head of Apparel to hone the men’s third party apparel merchandising strategy
- Partner with the planning team to construct and manage a category of business to seasonal financial targets
- Actively manage departmental OTB to hit sales, receipts, margin and inventory goals
- Establish and nurture existing brand partnerships, including growing exclusive product offering
- Strategically scout new vendors & styles to support key product strategies
- React to in-season sales trends to optimize results
- Build and maintain strong relationships across the company
- Work with Creative Services teams to produce events of high marketing, storytelling & sales power across all of our channels
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years professional experience in e-commerce buying
- Excellent sales skills including outreach management and negotiation
- Strong experience using Open to Buy and assortment plans to drive the business
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Superior oral and verbal communication skills
- Highly analytical, creative, problem solver
- Naturally curious
- Demonstrates passion and expertise in apparel market
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Most importantly, you have a positive energy with a collaborative spirit and a growth mindset
Want to get to know us better? Check out:
Huckberry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.