Intermedia Labs Inc. is the company behind HQ Trivia. We're a fast-growing startup based in NYC, and we are looking to add talented, passionate, and friendly members to our dynamic team based in SoHo. We're focused on growing HQ Trivia, the live trivia game show played by literally millions of people around the world. Along with the prestige of joining an exciting brand in its early days, we offer competitive packages.
Engineers in this role will be expected to:
- Lead the design, implementation, and deployment of new features from start to finish
- Design services that will receive hundreds of thousands of requests per second
- Re-architect existing services and suggest ways to improve our production software design
- Provide design guidance and review for other members of the team
- Be an advocate for process improvements and promote best practices including unit and load testing
- Adopt new technologies as necessary to work in our existing environment. We currently use Node.js, Redis, Mysql, and Kubernetes among other technologies.
- Participate in the on-call rotation as necessary
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of professional experience developing high traffic backend systems
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent additional experience
- Extensive experience both implementing and supporting high scale production backends
- Production with experience with Node.js preferred
- Familiarity with AWS, Kubernetes, or Terraform, or live video streaming a major plus