Intermedia Labs Inc. is the company behind HQ. HQ is the wildly popular live game show app where you can win real cash prizes for free. HQ combines some of the winning formulas of traditional TV quiz shows – an energetic presenter and scheduled programming at the same time every day – with the fast-paced interactivity of a mobile game. Every viewer becomes a contestant, competing for a cash prize as well as valuable bragging rights. HQ is free to enter. Join us for HQ Trivia, HQ Sports and HQ Words, streaming live daily to millions of people.
Intermedia Labs is a fast-growing startup based in NYC, and we are always thrilled to add driven and friendly members to our family. Along with the prestige of joining an exciting brand in its early days, we offer competitive packages.
Engineers in this role will be expected to:
- Work with other Engineers to implement new features from start to finish
- Collaborate with product design to create elegant, best in class user experiences
- Advocate for Android platform best practices within engineering and product
- Identify and fix bugs in our production Android app
- Work with new technologies including web sockets and low latency video streaming
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent additional experience
- Experience working on a team of engineers building and maintaining large-scale Android apps, or impressive apps that you’ve built personally
- Experience with the Android platform and competency with industry standard libraries including Dagger, RxJava, and Retrofit preferred
- Experience writing unit tests preferred