HONK is a fast growing technology company disrupting the roadside assistance space. We are a group of out of the box thinkers and doers, driven by an immense passion to challenge the old ways by working together to bring innovative change that impacts the lives of others. We work in a creative environment where everyday is rewarding knowing we’re assisting people in their true moment of need, stuck on side of roads, helping them get back to conquering their day. In the age of want it, click it, buy it, get it, on-demand and on-call, HONK is the only way to get from broken down to I barely even noticed I’d stopped.
We are building a world class Platform Innovation team at HONK, reinventing the towing and roadside industry and the Vice President of Product Management (Platform Innovation) will be the driver of this newly formed team. Reporting to the CEO, you will work closely with Marketing, Engineering, Operations and the entire HONK team to drive product innovation, and ensure future innovations are on schedule and fit HONK’s strategic vision. This person should have a deep understanding of Multisided Platforms and bring an industry defining vision and entrepreneurial spirit necessary to achieve rapid growth and define the strategic Product vision for HONK.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a team focused on optimizing the platform, products, and matchmaking algorithms.
- Increase platform efficiencies to help reduce ETAs for customers, increase revenue for roadside assistance service providers, and lower costs for the organization.
- Research and understand current industry and competitor products and their shortcomings to redefine a compelling vision for the industry
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results to a spectrum of audiences, from internal stakeholders to employees and clients
- Function independently, you don’t need hand holding and you have an innate ability to go out and get the data you need and can whip it into an insightful story
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years Product Management experience in a Multisided Marketplace or Platform driven team
- Thorough understanding and experience throughout the entire product development lifecycle (requirements process, roadmap management, project justification and tradeoff analysis, pricing analysis, market sizing, sales training, portfolio performance analysis, competitive positioning, 3rd party management, etc.)
- Experience in a leading Product for a high growth start-up with a hands on approach balanced with big picture understanding – can transition quickly from tactical to strategic
- Facilitate the full life-cycle of a project; requirements gathering, technical and functional evaluation/research, design/prototyping, development, testing and iterations while working closely with our engineers.
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed learnings back into product development process.