Who We Are
At Hometap, we believe you can have a house and a life. Our vision is to empower current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity, free of debt. By tapping into the built-in value of a home, we help homeowners do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, buy a second home, get out from under crippling debt, or pay for college tuition.
Hometap makes investments in residential homes, buying a small equity stake against the home’s future value. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential
Who You Are:
As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for guiding homeowners through the investment process from first contact through funding, and providing exceptional customer experience along the way. You'll join our team of “Investment Managers” performing both inbound and outbound sales activities and collaborating directly with our investment decision team. You'll spend time building relationships with homeowners, understanding their current needs, qualifying based on our investment criteria, and presenting the WHY behind Hometap. This role requires a high level of sales activities, a commitment to using strong ethical judgement, a passion for exceeding sales goals, exceptional attention to detail, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish a mastery of Hometap’s sales process
- Effectively and efficiently guide homeowners through the investment process with the goal of closing high quality investment for the company
- Become a Hometap expert and an expert in the home financing domain knowledge
- Embody our sales core values in every connection to provide an excellent customer experience
- Grow the business with a high level of inbound and outbound sales activities
- A commitment to solving for your prospects and peers
- Successfully deliver compelling cases to potential clients to help them understand the WHY behind hometap
- Work cross functionally within Hometap to earn the support and trust of organization decision makers
What You Bring:
- Track record of exceeding sales targets for 1-3 years in a closing role
- Commitment to using strong ethical judgement
- Ability to succeed individually but you also love to collaborate within a team environment to achieve set goals
- A commitment to both getting things done and making it easy for others to do the same.
- Basic understanding in home financing options
- A strong desire to help homeowners make life less stressful and more accessible
- An intellectual curiosity that inspires interests in homeowners needs and industry domain knowledge
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners—of our jobs, our output, our careers—and Good Neighbors—we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is the way you fit within our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If you’re someone who embraces this builder mentality, you’ll be right at home here.