Who We Are
At Hometap, we believe you can have a house and a life. Our vision is to empower current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity, free of debt. By tapping into the built-in value of a home, we help homeowners do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, buy a second home, get out from under crippling debt, or pay for college tuition.
Hometap makes investments in residential homes, buying a small equity stake against the home’s future value. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership.
Who you are:
As Hometap’s Front-end Engineer you will champion the creation of elegant and functional front-end software that is vital to our customers and staff. You are someone who loves tinkering with new tech, moves quickly, and is passionate about delivering a great UI/UX.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Designing, building, and testing innovative front-end solutions
- Championing the transition of some existing systems from MPA to SPA
- Championing the creation of various new tools, sites, and interfaces as SPAs
- Setting and maintaining a high bar for code quality and best practices within the front-end codebase
- Working closely with design, marketing, product, and backend engineers
- Participating in our agile software development lifecycle
What you bring:
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent
- 3+ years using modern JS web frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue, or Ember
- Strong HTML, CSS, and JS/JQuery skills
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, reliable code that follows best practices
- Familiar with API specifications and dealing with microservices
- Experience with front-end state management
- Experience writing tests for front-end code
- Experience working with a Django backend
- Experience working on products requiring a high level of security
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners -- of our jobs, our output, our careers -- and Good Neighbors -- we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is the way you fit within our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If you’re someone who embraces this builder mentality, you’ll be right at home here.