Who We Are
At Hometap, we believe you can have a house and a life. Our vision is to empower current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity, free of debt. By tapping into the built-in value of a home, we help homeowners do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, buy a second home, get out from under crippling debt, or pay for college tuition.
Hometap makes investments in residential homes, buying a small equity stake against the home’s future value. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership.
Who You Are
As the Product Manager, you will be a critical member of the team’s efforts to prioritize customer problems and deliver outcomes for our business. Reporting to the Head of Product, you’ll work cross functionally with engineers, designers, marketers, analysts, and salespeople to execute on the roadmap.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Managing Hometap’s core product including the investment inquiry, approval, and application process
- Ideating and validating new product concepts, including improvements to the existing product and new solutions for post-close servicing and engagement
- Writing summary-level documentation for new projects to create shared understanding, including the business case, target audience, measurable KPIs, functional requirements, and rollout plan
- Creating Jira issues that can be tested and delivered independently in accordance with our Agile product development approach
- Analyzing product data to identify and communicate insights on our key objectives, including go-to-market performance, customer satisfaction, and operational efficiency
- Facilitating sprints including standups, grooming, planning, and retrospectives to ensure a collaborative and productive team
- Chairing meetings with cross-functional groups, taking ownership for the agenda, recap notes, and follow-up actions
What You Bring
- Credibility to make decisions and pursue a point of view based on knowledge of the product management discipline, customers, and the industry
- Reliable delivery thanks to a proven and visible way of testing and generating results
- Influence to motivate and persuade others without direct authority
- Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills to demonstrate your credibility, reliability, and influence
- Empathy not just for homeowners, but the other people you’ll work with at Hometap including engineers, designers, marketers, and salespeople
- Comfort and curiosity with analytics—we currently use a combination of Segment, Amplitude, Airtable, and Tableau
- Bonus points: Experience conducting user interviews, usability studies, surveys, and other validation techniques
- Bonus points: Experience creating mid-fidelity mockups (we use Sketch and InVision)
- Bonus points: Experience wrangling a backlog in Jira
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners—of our jobs, our output, our careers—and Good Neighbors—we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is the way you fit within our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If you’re someone who embraces this builder mentality, you’ll be right at home here.