Who We Are
At Hometap, we believe you can have a house and a life. Our vision is to empower current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity, free of debt. By tapping into the built-in value of a home, we help homeowners do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, buy a second home, get out from under crippling debt, or pay for college tuition.
Hometap makes investments in residential homes, buying a small equity stake against the home’s future value. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership.
Who You Are
As the People Operations Manager, you will create and deliver operationally excellent people programs and help build a people culture that supports our mission and values. You’ll be part of a small but committed team excited to build a new option for homeowners, a strong brand and a successful business.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Partnering and strategizing with leadership on people matters including recruiting, performance management, compensation, benefits, culture, employee development and employee relations.
- Creating and delivering fully compliant people operations programs of value that help us deliver on our mission and fully engage our team.
- Leads employee engagement efforts to promote connection to Hometap. Organizes company events, creates recognition programs, leads employee communication efforts, and ensures overall high quality office experience.
- Works with leaders to develop career pathing and development programs for Hometap team.
- Leads bi-annual performance management process. Researches, recommends and implements best in class tools to promote effective feedback loops and communication.
- Full cycle recruiting of positions including posting roles, sourcing, screening, presenting candidates to hiring managers, conducting interviews, checking references, and extending offers.
- Assuming full ownership of our on-boarding experience and continually improving our process and program.
- Researching, recommending and implementing people operations systems to increase efficiency and allow for scalability.
- Creates and updates policies and procedures to operationalizes People activities.
What You Bring
- BS degree in human resources or business
- Minimum 7 years generalist experience with expertise in core functional areas including: staffing & talent management, compensation & benefits, employee relations, training & development, compliance and people operations systems.
- Passion for and prior experience working in and scaling startups.
- Extremely strong attention to detail, ability to prioritise what matters now and sense of urgency to deliver.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners -- of our jobs, our output, our careers -- and Good Neighbors -- we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is the way you fit within our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If you’re someone who embraces this builder mentality, you’ll be right at home here.