The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for developing strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors with special focus on five and six figure gifts to support the ministries of Home of Grace. This position has direct impact on the organization’s reputation among our stakeholders and clients, as well as impacts the financial and operational performance of Home of Grace.
Essential functions and core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee portfolio of 75-100 donors and prospects.
- Participate in each step of the donor pipeline including: identification; qualification through research; cultivation; briefing; request for support; and prompt follow up, stewardship, and recognition.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Development Director.
Strategy Implementation Responsibilities
- Develop individual donor strategies, along with materials, to renew and upgrade donor gifts.
- Collaborate with the Development Director to enhance relationships and create greater fundraising and outreach possibilities.
- Participate in departmental portfolio review process and be a partner in maintaining an organized system for donor stewardship by updating constituent records, as appropriate.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrates required skills or experience on core competencies in accordance with the Home of Grace.
- Bachelor’s degree (CFRE preferred).
- Demonstrated experience, success, and progressive responsibility in fundraising with a minimum of three to five years experience.
- Ability to set goals strategically and oversee execution.
- High level of discretion and ethical approach to fundraising.
- Proven ability to interact and influence philanthropic leaders.
- Experience motivating and managing high-profile volunteer leadership and senior executives.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with various internal and external constituents.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in donor database management and other computer skills, as required.
- Passion for Home of Grace’s mission to harness, leverage and strategically invest the collective power of donors, advocates and volunteers, to drive measurable results that transform lives.
- Valid drivers license & insurance and/or reliable transportation required for out-of-office travel as required by the position.
- Must exemplify and model Christian behaviors and values, display a passion for service to others and possess high levels of ethics, honesty, and character.