This position is responsible for maximizing all computer and other other tech-related system capabilities by maintaining and troubleshooting all technical applications for both campus locations (Men’s facility in Vancleave, MS and Women’s facility in Gautier, MS).
- Evaluates system potential by testing compatibility of new programs with existing programs, as well as evaluates expansions or enhancements by studying workload, capacity and security of computer system.
- Achieves computer system objectives by gathering pertinent data; identifying and evaluating options; recommending a course of action.
- Confirms program objectives and specifications by testing new programs; comparing programs with established standards; making modifications.
- Improves existing programs by reviewing objectives and specifications; evaluating proposed changes; recommending changes; making modifications.
- Places software into production by loading software into computer; entering necessary commands. Places hardware into production by establishing connections; entering necessary commands. Some carpentry skills may be necessary for mounting and installing equipment.
- Fully onboards new users with all applicable software, hardware and training.
- Maximizes use of hardware and software by training users; interpreting instructions; answering questions. Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintains system capability by testing computer components.
- Maintains historical records by documenting hardware and software changes and revisions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must exemplify and model Christian behaviors and values and possess high levels of ethics, honesty, and character.
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Presenting Technical Information
- Process Improvement
- Software Maintenance
- Software Testing
- Network Design and Implementation
- Load Balancing and Scalability
- Software Performance Tuning
- Network/Wifi Performance Tuning
- Database Performance Tuning
Software and Hardware Experience (requested)
- G Suite (Google Apps for Work)
- VOIP Phone Systems
High School Graduate
3 or more years prior experience
Full-time: 40 hours per week