The future, as we see it, has millions of more devices connected to the internet — from self-driving cars, to delivery drones, to electric scooters, to smart farming sensors. Hologram is here to connect anything to the internet — via our global cellular platform and network available in 196 countries.
About the Design Team
Hologram differentiates through design. Our team plays a vital role that ensures we focus on the right problems, craft creative solutions, and work with engineering and product management and the wider team to bring them to life. Design is a peer to product, engineering, and growth — able to advocate for the best experience for our customers.
We're looking for multidisciplinary Communication Designers to join our design team and work alongside our product designers, marketing, and growth team. Join as a visual storyteller for branding, marketing, presentations, and events.
The mandate is broad: you'll create everything from amazing web experiences and own Hologram.io, to designing diagrams that explain our technology to videos that tell our most important stories. Along the way, you'll learn new skills that will help you realize your vision, whether that means picking up new software to drive animations or designing a new way to collect feedback.
You'll be joining a rapidly evolving design team that touches every high-profile project across the company. We're looking for self-starting creatives who can take ownership of their projects and work rapidly in collaboration with design team members, product owners, external contractors, and Hologram's leadership team. The ideal designer thrives in a dynamic environment, whether that's spinning up a new marketing campaign and landing pages or helping empower our growth teams with amazing collateral for an upcoming meeting, or designing our brand experience at a high profile event.
We're looking for someone who is excited to take an active role in shaping Hologram's developing brand. Designers should be able to demonstrate a variety of creative styles and methodologies, with proven experience and examples from past work.
What should excite you about Hologram
- Getting to reimagine the global telecommunications space — replacing complex, legacy systems with a modern, delightful highly designed experience.
- Ability to influence and ownership of the Hologram brand and visual design language.
- A design-driven culture, where craft and quality are perquisites to our success.
- Helping speak to Hologram’s unique capabilities through video, motion, illustrations, website designs, icons, and our brand system.
- Independence to deliver the best work. Using context and customer research to align without heavy bureaucracy.
- A fun, welcoming, and upbeat team to work with.
What gets us excited about you
- Your track record in building successful brands, effective web presences, and helping execute engaging marketing campaigns.
- You’ve got a number of years under your belt at a creative agency, technology company, or similar.
- A diverse portfolio that presents both your opinionated visual style and your flexibility.
- Clear ability to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders — from internal team leads to external contractors.
Skills that help you stand out
We'd love to see you flex beyond web design into other creative fields — with some experience in one or more of these related skillsets:
- Experience taking your designs to production by building web experiences using tools like Webflow.
- Motion design and video experience to help present our product and highlight customers across platforms like Instagram and YouTube.
- Illustration chops that help explain complex ideas in simple and engaging ways.
- Ability to craft the content needed to fulfill campaigns across platforms — working with our Voice and Tone guide as well as external UX and marketing writers.
Life with Hologram
As a "Hologram", we know you’ll do what’s best for our product, customers, and team members. So we do our best to empower you to make the right calls without heavy bureaucracy.
Everyone at Hologram enjoys competitive, transparent pay and equity. We encourage solid work-life balance with unlimited PTO and 100% employee / 80% dependent covered health (medical, dental, vision, life, disability) benefits.
We’re a small but diverse team that prides ourselves on celebrating everyone — we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For accommodations during the hiring process please email email@example.com.
Together we’re going to build something great — a way to help everyone stay online, from smart meters in corn fields to citywide bike sharing systems. We’d love for you to join us here at our HQ in Chicago. If you need to be partially or fully remote, let’s chat to see if it’d be a good fit.