Run all FP&A, Controller, and Treasury functions. Setup corporate finance best practices. Assist with fundraising. Be the first team member of the Hologram Finance department and build the team overtime.
- Close/keep the books
- Create and manage budgets (keep the org from overspending)
- Expense Controls
- Payment Terms/Margin Controls
- Don't run out of cash
- AP/AR (Cash Mgmt)
- Cap Table Mgmt and Planning
- Forward looking modeling
- Financial strategy (fundraising, hiring, etc.)
- Unit economics/contribution margin views
- Source of truth for company wide metrics (CAC, LTV, Rep Payback, Churn, etc)
Success Criteria for This Role
What key metrics should this person meet/fulfill/move?
- GAAP Financials. Books closed 10th of every month.
- Own AP is planned and properly forcasted
- AR: 90% of payments are received on time
- Inventory is reconciled and a continuous basis
- Carrier costs are predictable, known and transparent
- 100% of expenses are reviews
- Implement margin and payment terms controls
- Forecasts are accurate within +/- 5%
Can you describe the impact a successful candidate would have on the organization?
- Finance presence/leadership for vendor negotiations
- Policies in place for margin controls, payments terms, expenses, etc.
- Organization has a clear view of budgets, current performance
- Strong opinion on operational metrics and unit economics
What must (minimally) they have had experience successfully doing in a previous role?
- Strong handle on GAAP Financial accounting principles
- Past experience managing budgets and forecasting
- High ceiling, modern view of corporate finance
- Experience with operation metrics (unit economics) and differentiating between GAAP and operational metric
- Extremely strong excel skills
- Experience with forward looking financial modeling
- Startup/Tech corporate finance experience
- Strategic-mindset: able to understand that finance is about making money. Not not spending it.
- Bias towards systems vs. one off analysis
- Ability to manage treasury (AP/AR)
What things could they have done that are either optional but not necessary or would put this candidate far ahead of all others?
- Fundraising experence
- Audit experence
- SQL Knowledge
- Management experience
- Experience with ERPs/growing systems as we grow
- Experience/opening working cross functional prod and eng teams