What is HITRECORD?
Founded and led by actor and artist Joseph Gordon-Levitt, HITRECORD is an open online community for creative collaboration. Users don’t just post about themselves and vie for attention; they work together on a variety of art and media projects that they couldn’t have completed on their own.
So far, HITRECORD has operated as a successful production company, winning an Emmy for its television show, partnering with numerous brands from Samsung and LG to the ACLU, paying contributing community members a total of nearly three million dollars.
With over 700,000 registered users, our next step is to evolve from a PRODUCTION COMPANY into a PLATFORM.
Our mission is to bring as many people as possible the experience of creativity through collaboration.
About the Role:
HITRECORD is hiring a full-time developer looking to be part of a small dynamic team which is quick to build and deploy products to the market. Our developers have a lot of ownership and autonomy as we continue to build out existing and new products that directly affect our larger community of hundreds of thousands of users. We have a test-driven culture that values opinions, empathy, assertiveness and creativity where every team member has a huge impact on the overall business, especially our fullstack developers, who work across almost every area and aspect of the product.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future. This position does not offer sponsorship.
- Ability to work in a small collaborative team and take ownership over code base
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with a high degree of time management
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of Ruby experience and strong understanding OO programming
- Professional experience with Angular 2+
- Experience with Typescript
- At least two years of CSS/Scss experience
- Comfortable using testing frameworks such as rspec / Capybara
- Experience with Caching services both server and Rails side
- Writes organized, precise, legible code
- Experiment with new technologies to make sure we can scale for the future
- Experience with, or knowledge of back end languages
- Experience with Git
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer Science or equivalent
- Applicants must be a Self-starter and Team Player
- Wireframe experience using Zeplin and ability to iterate with Product team
- Experience with Material design
- Experience with redis
- Experience with Postgresql
- Someone with a sense of humor is a plus!
What You Will Be Doing
- Daily Responsibilities -- 100% Hands On Development