What is HITRECORD?
Founded and led by actor and artist Joseph Gordon-Levitt, HITRECORD is an open online community for creative collaboration. Users don’t just post about themselves and vie for attention; they work together on a variety of art and media projects that they couldn’t have completed on their own.
So far, HITRECORD has operated as a successful production company, winning an Emmy for its television show, partnering with numerous brands from Samsung and LG to the ACLU, paying contributing community members a total of nearly three million dollars.
With almost 700,000 registered users, our next step is to evolve from a PRODUCTION COMPANY into a PLATFORM.
Our mission is to bring as many people as possible the experience of creativity through collaboration
About the Role:
HITRECORD is looking for a driven candidate who will own our Quality Assurance and Customer Support. This role entails executing manual test plans and proactively reporting issues to ensure that our products provide a seamless user experience. The ideal candidate is someone who has prior experience with testing, excellent attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and is an effective communicator. You’ll ensure that your work helps improve the user experience for hundreds of thousands of users as you communicate their needs and issues to the engineering team for improvement.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future. This position does not offer sponsorship.
- 2+ years of work experience
- Passion for product quality and a positive user experience
- Ability to work in a small collaborative team and take ownership over projects
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with a high degree of time management
- Passion and customer-facing aptitude for working directly with users and the greater HitRecord community
- Able to write with clarity in public discussion threads on the site, in FAQ format, as well as communicate to contributors through social media channels like Facebook, Twitter and more.
- Exceptional problem solving skills, especially analytical thinking in testing pre-released software
- Able to diagnose and replicate software bugs
- Well organized
- Experience working as a QA tester at another software company (a startup is a plus!)
- Knowledge of software development process is a plus
- Experience working with help desk software.
- Experience with mobile user testing
What You Will Be Doing
- Tech Breakdown – 1/3 customer support emails 1/3 diagnose issues over released products 1/3 spend on testing products before they are released.
- Daily Responsibilities –
- Daily problem solver who can make sure that our customers feel heard, understood, and followed up with.
- Provide quick solutions by understanding the difference between an education issue, a marketing issue, or a technical issue.
- Work primarily with mobile devices to troubleshoot existing issues and future product and feature launches
- Run user testing groups with community users to gather and analyze data for product improvement
- Bridge the gap between engineering, product and the greater HitRecord community to make sure the product and features are consistently meeting the best standards
- Routine monitoring of community contributions, public discussions, and product feedback