What is HITRECORD?
Founded and led by actor and artist Joseph Gordon-Levitt, HITRECORD is an open online community for creative collaboration. Users don’t just post about themselves and vie for attention; they work together on a variety of art and media projects that they couldn’t have completed on their own.
So far, HITRECORD has operated as a successful production company, winning an Emmy for its television show, partnering with numerous brands from Samsung and LG to the ACLU, paying contributing community members a total of nearly three million dollars.
With over 700,000 registered users, our next step is to evolve from a PRODUCTION COMPANY into a PLATFORM.
Our mission is to bring as many people as possible the experience of creativity through collaboration.
About the Role:
HITRECORD is looking for their first Data Analyst to help build the function from the ground up and be part of the process in setting up the best practices and tools in data collection and visualization. This role will report directly to the Head of Finance but work cross-functionally across Product, Finance, Engineering, and other departments and help each team collect, clean and analyze data - which will drive decision making and provide direction for future growth of the business.
We’re looking for someone who’s a self-starter who has worked at a startup before and wants to be part of building the analytics function at HITRECORD!
What you’ll do:
- Provide the insights to deploy tools and grow value around the creation and consumption of digital art and entertainment, as well as educate creators around the world
- Own and master the analytical understanding of user funnel, segmentation and behavior across all facets of the product to drive growth and engagement
- Identify opportunities emerging in user behavior to prioritize resource deployment and inform nascent business lines
- Partner with key stakeholders in Finance, Engineering, Product, Community, etc. to clearly communicate results in order to advise strategy and prioritize initiatives/launches
- Help choose and implement various scaleable BI and data visualization tools like Amplitude, Mixpanel, Tableau, Looker, etc. from the ground up to synthesize data for the people who need it
- Work with Finance, Product and Marketing to analyze the e-commerce platform and its intersection with the web and mobile products to optimize the reporting and grow the success of online retail
- Encourage other teams to self-serve when your interpretation of the data is not required, either through training or automation of tasks.
What makes this different
- You will have the opportunity to create a role and impact the path of the company
- This role provides a high potential for growth with exposure across all aspects of the organization and significant interaction with key stakeholders in all departments.
- You will work with and be exposed to top talent in technology, entertainment and media
What we’re looking for:
- A relentless passion for solving puzzles, understanding user behavior and hypothesizing answers where there were none
- Startup experience is a must - especially being part of the implementation of new processes or new systems
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Insights, Data Analytics, Data Science or Business Analytics role
- A self-starter who has built things from the ground up and is looking for autonomy
- The ability to tactfully engage with strong points of view at all levels of the organization
- Strong experience in SQL and product analytics packages; Python skills are a plus
- Experience with business intelligence tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau)
- Expertise with statistical analyses and concepts (e.g. regressions, experiment design, etc.)
- Strategically-minded yet detail-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- MBA, CPA and working closely with finance analytics is a major plus
- BA/BS degree in a related field (Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering)
- Ability to work in a fun, creative team with a sense of humor