What is HITRECORD?
Founded and led by actor and artist Joseph Gordon-Levitt, HITRECORD is an open online community for creative collaboration. Users don’t just post about themselves and vie for attention; they work together on a variety of art and media projects that they couldn’t have completed on their own.
So far, HITRECORD has operated as a successful production company, winning an Emmy for its television show, partnering with numerous brands from Samsung and LG to the ACLU, paying contributing community members a total of nearly three million dollars.
With over 700,000 registered users, our next step is to evolve from a PRODUCTION COMPANY into a PLATFORM.
Our mission is to bring as many people as possible the experience of creativity through collaboration.
About the Role:
HITRECORD is hiring a full-time front end developer looking to be part of a small dynamic team which is quick to build and deploy products to the market. Our developers have a lot of ownership and autonomy as we continue to build out existing and new products that directly affect our larger community of hundreds of thousands of users. Most of our team is made up of fullstack developers so this role will be the first person to focus exclusively on the front end. We have a test-driven culture that values opinions, empathy, assertiveness and creativity where every team member has a huge impact on the overall business. This is an exciting opportunity to see your code showcased on a world stage where it will affect hundreds of thousands of people.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future. This position does not offer sponsorship.
- Ability to work in a small collaborative team and take ownership over code base
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with a high degree of time management
- 2+ of professional software development experience
- Professional experience with Angular 2+
- Experience with Typescript
- At least two years of CSS/Scss experience
- Experience with CSS frameworks like bootstrap/foundation
- Comfortable using testing frameworks such as rspec / Capybara
- Writes organized, precise, legible code
- Experiment with new technologies to make sure we can scale for the future
- Experience with, or knowledge of back end languages
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer Science or equivalent
- Wireframe experience using Zeplin and ability to iterate with Product team
- Experience with Material design
- Experience with Angular 1
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Self-starter, Team Player
- Someone with a sense of humor is a plus!
What You Will Be Doing
- Daily Responsibilities -- 100% Hands On Development