Corus360 is looking for a Software Engineer that specializes in the design and development of state-of-the-art micro services architectures targeted at Amazon Web Services. Alongside cloud development, the Application Design Engineer will introduce, promote and evolve cloud excellence in areas such as performance, scalability, security, deployment and operations, based on industry standards, best practices and personal experience. The Senior engineer will also be responsible for collaboration on specifications, architecture, design, tooling and technology with an eye on emerging and new technologies.
- B. Sc. in computer sciences.
- 5+ years' experience designing and implementing cloud native applications on AWS.
- 2+ years’ experience in native cloud architecture using AWS.
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of AWS private virtual networking infrastructure.
- Experience developing distributed and cross-platform microservices architectures using Docker containers.
- Basic knowledge of Unix based systems.
- Excellent knowledge in software quality process/assurance including automated testing, design and code review, code profiling and continuous integration and deployment methodologies.
- Experience in one or more development languages and frameworks such as C#, Java, NodeJS, Python, Go.
- Ability to work in and build cloud native services and environments.
- Experience with one or more Enterprise messaging patterns, protocols and implementations.
- Clean coding skills and excellent problem-solving ability.
- A good understanding and appreciation of the Agile Software Development Process.
- Ability to work to a sprint plan, track progress, identify risks, anticipate and communicate delays to the team.
- Team player with the ability to both articulate thoughts and opinions but also listen and compromise.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional and international environment.
- Ability and desire to learn new things and improve on a continuous basis.
- Cultural awareness through work with global teams.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Great sense of humor.
- Experience delivering products on a continuous basis.
- Experience with Atlassian's JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket.
Every organization has a need for People, Technology, and Resiliency. At Corus360, we empower our clients through helping them find the right people, select the ideal technologies, and plan for seamless recovery. We are committed to their success, working together as One Team with One Message to transform environments, enhance operations, and exceed expectations.
The cornerstone of our success is our leadership team, a group of passionate individuals who have been working together for over fifteen years to promote relevancy and education to our people with one single message: deliver a higher value to the customer. As we’ve added services to our business, we have shared those same services with clients our People, our Technology, and our Resiliency.
In 2005, Corus360 had the unique opportunity to supply infrastructure to organizations during Hurricane Katrina and Rita. Through meeting this demand with Systems, Data, and People our Resiliency Services Business Unit, RES-QTM, was born. Most organizations don’t want to invest in a huge disaster recovery infrastructure of their own; it’s too expensive to build and maintain. By focusing on a shared services model across multiple clients in different geographies we are able drive cost down, improve execution, and, most importantly, maintain our client’s competitive business advantage during a disaster.
When the economy turned downward in 2008, Corus360 saw a growth opportunity and expanded to include an additional Business Unit, People as a Service (PaaS). PaaS allows clients access to our knowledge and experience through people. The success of an organization relies on its personnel. Providing the latter results in the former for our clients. Once again with a focus on providing our clients a higher level of service, we deliver people in a variety of forms for both short and long term engagements to fulfill roles in areas such as Program Management and Data Center Transformation.
Our Business Unit, the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), was built around disruptive technologies that offer new ways to cut costs and rethink the traditional data center. This team consists of consultants and engineers who hail from all major industries and average over fifteen years of experience in performance improvement and sustainability, IT operations, and enterprise technologies.
Regardless of industry and size, every organization has a need for People, Technology, and Resiliency.