Do you strive to exceed expectations and delight customers? Are you seeking a collaborative environment with high work ethics and commitment to service? If yes, you will love being part of our team as a Delivery Driver! Great drivers are crucial to US Foods® – the final link in our distribution chain and one of the important faces of our organization. On and off the road, our drivers strive for integrity and reliability, while building trusting relationships with our customers.
As a US Foods Driver you will engage with customers as you unload the trucks that dock at our client drop-off sites and deliver groceries, meats, produce, frozen foods, dry goods, equipment and other supplies. Your primary responsibility will be to drive a tractor trailer and manually unload, using a hand truck or two-wheeler on metal truck ramps, products to customer drop-off sites and then return the empty trailer to the distribution center. You must provide excellent customer service. All functions must be completed in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
Main Ingredients Of The Job
- Drive to and deliver customer orders to meet scheduled customer times and maintain adequate productivity rates to meet delivery schedules.
- Unload products from the trailer with a hand truck or by hand and place items in designated customer storage area.
- Operate all equipment in a manner that protects your safety and the safety of others.
- Perform pre- and post-route safety inspections on tractor-trailer, and complete related paperwork.
- Check customer orders to ensure accurate delivery, respectfully correct any discrepancies and obtain proper signatures.
- Collect money (cash or checks) when required.
Basic requirements for qualification:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have valid CDL A issued by your state of legal residence with necessary endorsements and DOT qualified.
- Minimum six months commercial driving experience or three months of food service or food and beverage delivery experience required.
- Be physically able to perform repeated, manual heavy lifting of items up to 80 pounds or more.
To be successful in this role you must be willing and able to:
- Arrive for work on time and ready to collaborate with other team members.
- Work with leaders, team members and customers to solve problems and challenges.
- Support the training and onboarding of new team members.
- Model our cultural beliefs as our public face, providing exceptional service to inspire customer loyalty.
- Make frequent stops during the course of a work shift.
- Drive and work in inclement weather.
- Ability to operate manual transmission preferred.
- Occasionally perform the duties of a Backhaul or Shuttle Driver.
Why US Foods?
US Foods® provides our customers products and services that shape the communities where we live and work. Out customers’ success goes far beyond great food. At US Foods we work to exceed our customers' expectations. Our efforts are driven by our cultural beliefs, the pillars that define our work ethics, collaborative spirit and commitment to service.
We are committed to helping our employees succeed through continued professional growth opportunities and multiple career paths. Our compensation and benefits respect and reward our employees for their dedication and hard work. We provide flexibility and options to fit every stage of your career.