ART / UX / DESIGN FULL-TIME
Niantic Labs, creator of Ingress and Pokémon GO, seeks a Unity Technical Artist with creative and technical expertise to develop challenging Unity scenes. Niantic is a fast-moving, multi-disciplinary team of software developers and creative professionals based in San Francisco and Seattle. You will be responsible for working with Unity and other graphics tools to merge the virtual with the real world.
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to help build features and solve creative problems
- Iterate rapidly on Unity scenes to finalize product and other creative requirements
- Facilitate communication and asset pipeline between engineering and artist teams
- Expert-level experience with Unity Game Engine
- Expert in scripting with C# within the Unity environment
- Experience creating real-time visual effects sequences
- Knowledge of optimizing real-time 3D-graphics pipeline for mobile platforms
- Solid artistic skills (drawing or digital painting) a plus
- Experience collaborating within a multi-person game studio a plus
- BS or MS degree in design, games-related or technical field is a plus
- Please attach a portfolio link including sketches/drawing examples and resume.
- Unity 3D, C#, Real-time VFX, Artistic skills
Join the Niantic team!
Looking for a new place to call home and build cool games? Niantic is looking for exceptional people to join our strong team and help build successful game apps. We are a hard working, fun, and exciting group who love what we do. We’ve launched games such as Ingress, a worldwide, real world game played by millions of people and downloaded more than 20 Million times, and Pokémon GO, which has broken records around the world and been downloaded more than 500 Million times. Originally formed at Google in 2011, we are now an independent company with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners.
We’re focused on building games that get people outside and exploring, enabling our players to have fun while visiting new places, learning about the world around them, and meeting new friends. We have offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Seattle, and Los Angeles and offer competitive salaries, stock options, medical / dental / vision coverage, and other benefits including daily lunch and outdoor adventures!