Sr. Electrical Engineer - Port/Marina/Waterfront
Moffatt & Nichol is seeking a Registered Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Savannah office.
We are looking for a candidate with experience in Port/Marina/Waterfront projects who will be responsible for client interactions, preparation of electrical engineering studies, preparation of contract drawings, technical specifications and construction cost estimates; assist clients in determining project scope, evaluate project scopes and develop design criteria.
Responsibilities also include:
- Lead engineer of electrical projects for the creation and/or alteration of existing utility systems and the engineering of new electrical systems.
- Provide internal support and recommendations for work projects with design alternatives and associated cost, for future planning and funding of projects.
- Perform detailed engineering design, including technical analysis and associated economic studies and make recommendations within time schedules determined for project completion.
- Ensures that projects are coordinated with other disciplines, working to minimize disruption of normal facility operations.
- Assist in company-wide Quality Control processes.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Professional Engineer in GA or the ability to become registered within 6 months.
- 15+ years’ experience in engineering, related to the design, engineering, and/or construction of commercial/industrial electrical and power distribution systems.
- Design experience MUST include:
- electrical systems
- underground/overhead power distribution systems
- medium/low voltage power distribution systems
- lighting systems
- lightning protection systems
- communications systems
- electric motors and controls
- substation design
- electrical calculations such as equipment sizing, short circuit, voltage drop, load studies, etc.,
- preparation of detailed contract documents.
- Experience in ungrounded electrical systems for cold ironing of ships is preferred but not required.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, including ability to complete complex technical assignments and prepare and analyze technical reports.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point is required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, ETAP, EasyPower and AGI32 are preferred but not a requirement.
- Ability to travel when necessary.
- Ability to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) badge and other Govt issued badges with background checks.