Moffatt & Nichol is looking for a National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Planner to join our Raleigh office. The successful candidate will have NEPA and SEPA planning experience with roadway projects and interest in providing planning and NEPA documentation for other aspects of our business (rail, ports, coastal, and urban waterfronts).
We are interested in candidates with at least 10 years of experience with a focus on transportation projects, including current or very recent NEPA projects with or for NCDOT. A PE or AICP registration is preferred, but a background in natural or physical sciences, with documented experience, is acceptable.
Candidates’ experience should include:
• Intersection and/or corridor-level highway or rail planning studies
• NCDOT Project Development and Environment Analysis (PDEA) studies
• Self-motivated; able to work independently and with a team
• Effective project management
• Excellent speaking and writing skills – a sample will be requested
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of, and experience with, all aspects of the NEPA planning process and associated business practices including document delivery, stakeholder and agency outreach, project budgeting and schedule compliance.