Hint has taken the Parity Pledge and is dedicated to building a culture of diversity; women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply!
Hint Health powers Direct Care, the provider-led movement that dramatically improves patient access and outcomes while lowering costs. Hint’s Direct Care Administration Platform is the first solution that gives providers the tools they need to scale this model with consumers and employers, enabling a better healthcare experience for everyone.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to grow and develop our amazing team of engineers. Effectively supporting your team will require you to review and provide feedback on technical designs, identify and clear technical roadblocks, and help your team stay focused on the highest impact projects. An excellent communicator, you are able to set clear expectations, celebrate wins and provide effective, constructive feedback that enables your team excel in their roles. A steward of Hint’s Engineering team values, you’ll ensure our daily interactions and decisions stay true to our team and company values. An ambassador to the rest of the company, you’ll participate in long term planning, goal-setting, and play a key role in driving our product and company forward. You’ll report directly to our CTO and play a major role in defining the engineering team structure as we continue to grow.
What you’ll do:
- Have 1:1’s with each member of your team
- Run the hiring process for your team and be accountable to your hiring goals
- Work with product management on team and project staffing and planning
- Ensure your team’s needs are heard and addressed
- Maintain a highly motivated, high velocity, highly effective engineering team
- Create a positive, inclusive culture where collaboration thrives and feedback is encouraged
- Ensure code and release quality remains high while maintaining a sense of urgency
- Develop short and long term growth and development plans for everyone on your team
- Get commitments on key deliverables and hold your team accountable
- Enable independence and autonomy by communicating business goals and developing customer empathy
- Write code only very occasionally, more to scratch a personal itch than because it’s actually a productive use of your time
Who you are:
- An excellent communicator, you clearly articulate complex ideas verbally and in writing.
- Rather than avoid interpersonal conflicts you prefer to approach them head-on, knowing that dealing with some discomfort up-front creates significant benefit in the long run.
- A perennial mentor and teacher, you see almost every problem as an opportunity to develop the knowledge and skills of your team.
- Setting an example for your team, you are open to and actively seek constructive feedback, always on the lookout for ways to learn and improve.
- You freely share information and are not motivated by power or control over others.
- You’re good at handling stress, comfortable with ambiguity and adapt quickly to change.
What you’ll need to apply:
- 1-2+ Years of experience in a team leadership role
- Experience making hiring and firing decisions
- Deep experience in web application development, especially with Ruby on Rails or similar
- Experience working with various agile methodologies
- 2+ Years of experience as a Senior/Principal Engineer or equivalent
- Significant prior experience in software development as an individual contributor