Hint Health powers Direct Care, the provider-led movement that dramatically improves patient access and outcomes while lowering costs. Hint’s Direct Care Administration Platform is the first solution that gives providers the tools they need to scale this model with consumers and employers, enabling a better healthcare experience for everyone.
We’re looking for a Lead Application Support Engineer with a passion for solving challenging issues, eager to dig in every corner of the system to find the root cause of them and with a great client oriented attitude. The role is crucial to keep our Customer Success and Product Development teams working together to keep our customers happy. The sense of urgency is a highly important aspect of this job as you will be the first line of defense when customer success representatives are not able to solve a client’s issue.
You will also be in charge of taking this role to the next level by refining the goals and objectives for the role, improving our processes, and working with engineering leadership to grow your team. You’ll be responsible for prioritizing your backlog towards a goal of supporting our stellar Customer Success team and allowing them to scale.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with our Customer Success department to provide quick and crucial help on troubleshooting issues, providing customers information when required, executing scripts in production and any other action needed to address our client’s problem.
- Be the nexus between Customer Success and Engineering by solving small issues and escalating those that require more complex solutions.
- Be responsible for building automation and self-service tools to speed up Customer Success response time to clients.
- Be on top of issues that are reported by our monitoring tools, identify root causes and partner with other engineering teams to address them..
- Participate in daily meetings with Customer Success team to help them address their concerns and coordinate efforts.
- Work with engineering leadership to develop and execute a growth plan for your team.
- Define and be accountable for your team’s key metrics and OKRs.
- 5+ years in Software Development (Ruby on Rails experience is a bonus)
- Deep experience with relevant web development technologies and practices. We use Angular and React, Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, Postgresql, Redis.
- Self-organized and proactive in such a way that can help build the team’s backlog of work and keeping the focus on what matters.
- Experience hiring, leading teams, training and coaching people is preferred.
- Good communication skills with other teams and customers.
- Exceptional teamwork and accountability.
- Healthcare or billing experience is a bonus.
- Previous experience working on support roles is a bonus.
Working at Hint:
Hint is a remote-first team with about a third of our employees in SF, a third remote in the US, and a third in our office in Montevideo, Uruguay. Our team is kind, fun, friendly and smart. We introduce our pets, take pictures of the insides of our fridges, and host the occasional yoga class in the office. We regularly host Tuesday Talks, a weekly event where one of us presents something random but cool that we want to talk about. Past talks have included coffee, whiskey, the history of the telegram, sleep, and more!
As part of our commitment to providing a healthy work environment for our employees, we offer healthy lunches, low sugar snack options, adjustable standing desks, exercise ball seats, ergonomic keyboards, generous parental leave and great healthcare benefits.
Hint has taken the Parity Pledge
and is dedicated to creating a culture of diversity. We would not be the best at what we do without the unique viewpoints and contributions of our diverse team. We welcome everyone to apply.