Hint Health powers Direct Care, the provider-led movement that dramatically improves patient access and outcomes while lowering costs. Hint’s Direct Care Administration Platform is the first solution that gives providers the tools they need to scale this model with consumers and employers, enabling a better healthcare experience for everyone.
We are looking for exceptional senior / lead engineers to join our team and report directly to our CTO. The business is scaling quickly and the engineering challenges are becoming increasingly complex. This role is expected to be a top contributor on the team, take technical ownership of feature designs, working collaboratively with other teams to effectively communicate problems and develop solutions, and have drama free releases.
The ideal candidate will be fluent in Ruby on Rails (or be ready to become an expert) and will have a successful track record of building and deploying successful products. You will thrive in a continuous delivery environment and will be excited by the prospect of joining an early stage startup and working in an entrepreneurial setting.
- Collaborate with other engineers and product to build great user experiences, deployed daily
- Write indestructible, readable, test driven code
- Be a constructive, communicative, engaged pair
- Give great feedback on pull requests
- Engage in and lead technical design discussions as we build out our core platform
- Own feature development from design through deployment from SQL to CSS.
- Help our customers through our rotating “Duty Engineer” position
- Has 5-8+ years professional experience building production web apps with modern frameworks, especially Ruby on Rails
- Picks up new skills and technologies quickly
- Experience in TDD/BDD, preferably in continuous delivery environment
- Values rapid feedback and quick iteration
- Clearly and articulately communicates complex, abstract concepts
- Provides constructive feedback to peers and team
- Healthcare or billing experience a bonus
Hint is committed to providing a healthy work environment for our employees. We provide healthy lunches, low sugar snack options, adjustable standing desks, exercise ball seats, ergonomic keyboards, parental leave, and great healthcare benefits.
Hint has taken the Parity Pledge
and is dedicated to creating a culture of diversity; women and minorities encouraged to apply.