Highspot helps sales teams improve customer conversations and achieve their revenue goals. From content optimization and performance analytics to in-context training, guided selling, and more, the Highspot platform delivers enterprise-ready features in a modern design that sales reps and marketers love. Using Highspot, sales teams are able to stay connected to the best-performing content for each opportunity, customize and optimize their content, and more effectively engage with their customers and prospects. With 90 percent average monthly recurring usage and global support in over 125 countries, Highspot is the sales enablement industry's most trusted solution.
About the Role
Highspot is seeking a lead data science engineer for our Data Science team. This role is ideal for an experienced data science engineer looking to take immediate ownership of our machine learning initiatives and gradually bring their leadership skills to bear as we augment data science staff over time.
An important market differentiator for Highspot is the intelligence behind our software. Our platform has the industry's only patented search AI to help sales professionals quickly find the right content, and our unique content scoring system employs machine learning to analyze how content is used and quantify its impact on revenue.
But we wouldn’t be Highspot if that were good enough! We’ve earned the next challenge, and to rise to meet it we need someone with an inquisitive mind, a passion for data analytics, and the right combination of engineering knowledge and customer awareness to help us invent the future of AI-augmented sales enablement.
What You’ll Do
- Tap into the expertise of in-house industry experts to understand the challenges facing modern sellers and develop new ways to put our data to work to help solve them.
- Drive the evaluation and selection/implementation of new components that will generate new and actionable insights for customers, support features in high-demand by customers, and further differentiate Highspot from our competition.
- Use your knowledge of quantitative analysis, natural language processing, collaborative filtering, clustering, and data mining to identify customer trends and develop competitive new features.
- Contribute production-quality code to our backend codebase to bring your ideas to life.
- Take ownership of our data science roadmap, articulating a plan to address immediate challenges in the form of scaling and performance measurement, and map out an incremental approach to longer-term market and technical opportunities.
- Participate in cross-functional planning and reviews with key stakeholders.
- You’re comfortable using modern dynamic programming languages and you have experience developing software products, scalable internet software, and applications using a range of software models including object-oriented and functional design patterns. Some of the tools we use to build Highspot include Ruby, Clojure, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Apache Solr and Lucene, AWS, and Chef (but we don’t expect you to be an expert in all of those).
- You have deep expertise in data science and machine learning.
- You have experience with R, Python or other statistical/machine learning software.
- You have a M.S. or Ph.D. in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent) or equivalent industry experience.
- You have great interpersonal communication skills and work well in a diverse, team-focused environment.
- You're driven by empathy to support, learn, and guide the team to be successful.
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible work and vacation schedules
- Transportation benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Fully-stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks
- Free catered Friday lunches
- Company bonding events throughout the year
- Open and spacious office, based in the heart of Seattle
- Great views of the city and Puget Sound
- Meaningfully contribute to a compelling vision
- Environment to do your best work
Equal Opportunity Statement
We aim to build an inclusive workforce at Highspot. If you’re passionate about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.