Highspot is the sales enablement platform that reps love. We empower companies to elevate customer conversations that drive strategic growth.
Our intuitive sales enablement platform combines intelligent content management, training, contextual guidance, customer engagement, and actionable analytics—all in a product that reps love. Go-to-market teams use Highspot to deliver a unified buying experience that increases revenue, customer satisfaction, and retention.
Today, we’re a strategic partner for hundreds of customers worldwide, from Fortune 100 brands to emerging companies. Based in Seattle, with offices in London, Highspot is consistently recognized for our product innovation and workplace culture.
About the Role
Highspot’s accounting team is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to manage the day-to-day global accounting and monthly close processes. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a well-funded company in hyper-growth mode. This is a hands-on position that will assist with driving the improvement of tools, processes, and procedures to allow the company to rapidly scale. The role is based in our Seattle Headquarters and reports to the Senior Director of Accounting.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee and ensure all aspects of monthly, quarterly, and annual close processes are completed timely and accurately; including the review of all entries, reconciliations, and relevant disclosures.
- Maintain accuracy of accounting records, design and implement internal controls, and ensure compliance with all relevant company policies.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements in accordance with GAAP; assist with ad hoc reporting for investors and other stakeholders.
- Maintain completeness and accuracy of all foreign subsidiary ledgers in accordance with US GAAP and local statutory standards; manage global intercompany activity, elimination, and transfer-pricing processes.
- Coach, mentor, and develop a team of high performing accountants; ensuring accounting processes are executed in a timely manner, with an emphasis on customer service.
- Review and document the Company's ongoing analyses for key revenue recognition assumptions and conclusions under ASC 606.
- Review all new and revised customer contracts to ensure consistent application of the Company's revenue recognition policies.
- Own completeness and accuracy of the bi-monthly US payroll, complex incentive compensation calculations and entries including commissions, stock compensation, and MBO’s.
- Collaborate effectively with the company's external auditors to successfully resolve complex accounting, reporting, tax and compliance related matters.
- Work cross-functionally on contemplated business transactions to ensure relevant accounting issues are identified, analyzed, and documented in accounting memorandums.
- Participate in general ledger (GL) system upgrades, implementations, and integrations of all other systems which interface with the general ledger.
- Partner with the Sr Director of Accounting in a variety of functions such as: special projects, policy setting, evaluating the need for new systems, processes, and standardization of accounting practices.
- Partner closely with FP&A team in developing new processing that streamline the reporting of actuals against plan.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Mix of public and private accounting with progressive increases in responsibility
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, including financial statement preparation and revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606
- Multiple years of people management experience
- International Accounting experience required
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Experience implementing general ledger and/or other accounting systems and software
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and team skills including excellent communication skills, both written, and verbal
- Ability to multitask and prioritize accordingly in a rapidly changing environment
- Flexible, organized, and detail oriented
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible work and vacation schedules
- Transportation benefits
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Fully-stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks
- Free catered Friday lunches
- Team building outside of the office
- Company bonding events throughout the year
- Opportunities to attend trade shows, conferences, and industry events
- Open office, based in the heart of Seattle
- Great views of the city and Puget Sound
- Meaningfully contribute to a compelling vision
Equal Opportunity Statement
We aim to build an inclusive workforce. If you’re passionate about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.