Sr. Director of Business Development
GTM| Seattle, WA | Full Time
Highspot is a fast-growing startup that is defining the sales enablement category. Recently named as the technology leader by Gartner & Forrester, and one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups in the US, Highspot is entering a hyper-growth phase. To help accelerate the growth, Highspot is hiring a strategic leader of business development. In this role, you will lead in the evaluation and execution of strategic partnerships, licensing and business development that support the direction of the company. You will provide oversight and ongoing management of all alliances and strategic relationships.This is a high-impact role, focused on building strategic relationships with Sales Tech
companies, expanding our integrated offerings and value propositions, defining our BD strategy and driving revenue. You will collaborate cross-functionally across all departments to develop alignment and coordinate execution.
- Understand and manage the industry landscape across opportunities that accelerate growth through collaborations, licensing, and strategic partnerships.
- Work with the executive team to establish goals and strategies for business development and drive BD performance.
- Lead on-going management of all partnerships and alliances, driving collaboration across the organization to achieve the goals of the deal.
- Leverage extensive external network to enhance access to innovation and generate new business development ideas
- Serve as a business spokesperson to articulate a compelling company business strategy and vision with both external and internal stakeholders
You are a natural at developing executive relationships and working cross functionally
with sales, marketing, product development and customer success.
You have a strong business acumen and a track record of successful partner negotiations, yet not set in your ways. The partnerships you built have grown to active, mutually beneficial partner relationships. Some specific
- 10+ years of business development and strategy, ideally in the sales & marketing tech ecosystem
- Proven track record of deal execution and management
- Ability to manage within a dynamic, fast-paced work environment, with many stakeholders and shifting priorities
- Comfortable with executive team presentations and senior, c-level partnership negotiations
- Ability to negotiate and explore strategic opportunities fluidly and on his/her feet
- Strong cultural fit with our team
- Must be able to lead multiple time-sensitive initiatives in parallel
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible work and vacation schedule
- Transportation benefit
- Competitive compensation and equal pay
- Fully-stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks
- Free catered Friday lunches
- Team building outside of the office
- Company bonding events throughout the year
- Opportunities to attend trade shows, conferences, and industry events
- Open office, based in the heart of Seattle
- Great views of the city and Puget Sound
- Meaningfully contribute to a compelling vision
- Environment to do your best work
Highspot helps sales teams improve customer conversations and achieve their revenue goals. From content optimization and performance analytics to in-context training, guided selling, and more, the Highspot platform delivers enterprise-ready features in a modern design that sales reps and marketers love. Using Highspot, sales teams are able to stay connected to the best-performing content for each opportunity, customize and optimize their content, and more effectively engage with their customers and prospects. With 90 percent average monthly recurring usage and global support in over 125 countries, Highspot is the sales enablement industry's most trusted solution.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We aim to build an inclusive workforce. If you’re passionate about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.