Help create the future of home design. Higharc is looking for a graphics software engineer with deep familiarity with film quality rendering techniques to help build the architecture and implementation of our browser-based home environments. You’ll join a founding team who’ve shipped products for Autodesk, NVIDIA, Electronic Arts, Nike, and Apple.
ABOUT THE JOB
You'll get in at ground zero, working with experts in architecture and 3D graphics to build our home customization and visualization experience. If you’re interested in applying the techniques used in video games and film to new home design and construction, then you could be a good fit.
We're an early stage startup where finding product/market fit quickly is crucial. The right fit for this role prioritizes working software over perfection and wants to stand up something for users to test as quickly as possible.
Please be prepared to share working examples of tools / experiences you built or were a primary contributor to - they should represent your best work.
- Strong familiarity with modern rendering techniques
- Deep familiarity with modern rendering libraries (Intel Embree, NVIDIA OptiX, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with software performance optimization techniques (multi-threading, GPUs, complexity analysis, memory management, cache-friendly data structures)
- Experience delivering high performance backend systems
- Comfortable working in a high-growth, constantly changing environment
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with 3D Applications (e.g. Rhino, Grasshopper, Maya, 3D Studio Max, etc)
- Experience with game engines (Unity or Unreal Engine)
- Experience with continuous integration and automated deployment systems (AWS, Terraform, Docker, etc.)
- Interest or passion for home design, architecture, or construction
Higharc is a stealth-stage, VC-backed startup that is changing how new homes are designed and built. Our goal is to make custom-fit homes accessible to anyone by automating home design and customization online. Higharc gives you the home you want without hiring an architect.
Work where you are. Higharc is remote-first and we have offices in Raleigh-Durham, San Francisco, and Atlanta. Higharc offers competitive salaries with significant equity in a fast-growing, well-funded company. Personal healthiness is an important value for us - we provide comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with flexible PTO (take it when you need it) and meaningful maternity/paternity.