Help create the future of home design and construction.
Higharc is looking for our first marketing hire to help us go to market. The right fit has deep skills in media relations or content marketing combined with broad experience across the marketing mix. This role will require someone who is an exceptional thinker/writer, has launched tech products, and can manage a team of contributors to get things done. Working with our small but mighty team of engineers, architects, and builders, you'll be responsible for managing the messaging and content for Higharc.
You’ll join a founding team who’ve led products at Autodesk, Electronic Arts, Nike, and Apple. We’re backed by investors and advisors that include the founder of E Ink, the CPO of Adobe, and the designer of the Nest Thermostat.
We’re looking for someone with strong fundamentals in media relations and/or content marketing. We want to see that you’ve been a key part of bringing a product to market successfully -- ideally at a technology start-up.
You are passionate about homes, construction, or home design. You might have spent your early career agency-side or as a journalist. You've probably led global PR or marketing efforts for a big brand or late-stage start-up. You’re talking to us because you aren’t satisfied with a humdrum day to day. You want to work on an ambitious product where regular people’s lives will change in a positive way and you want to roll up your sleeves to make a lasting impact.
ABOUT THE JOB
The marketing manager will drive awareness and generate demand among builders. You’ll leverage PR, events, partnerships, and content marketing strategies as needed to bring Higharc to the US home building market. As our first marketing team member, you will get to wear many hats depending on your strengths and interests. We’re looking for passion and scrappiness with an ability to scale the team as needed.
Here are a few of the ways you might pitch in over the first three years:
- Messaging and PR: Create a drumbeat with the trades and tier 1/2 national media. Build the messaging for who Higharc is now and for our vision of the future of homes and neighborhoods.
- Pitch / Product launch: Translate product positioning and customer successes into compelling stories and events that resonate with our markets and the media.
- Events and speaking ops: Develop a strategy for events and speaking opportunities. Ensure we address the needs of the media and our markets in novel and surprising ways.
- Customer experience: You’ll partner with the team and our customers to improve the product experience, continuously identifying opportunities to strengthen our brand through content and human interactions.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong public speaking skills and ability to develop customer-facing presentations
- Experience positioning and launching technology products
- Experience or interest in sales enablement / inbound marketing strategies
- Strong aesthetic / design sensibility desired — interest in high quality design
- 5-10+ years of communications experience, agency experience is a plus
Nice to have:
- Experience in architecture, construction, or real estate
- Previous experience at a VC-backed start-up
Higharc is a VC-backed, early-stage startup that is changing how new homes are designed and built. We are building software that makes beautiful architecture and vibrant, live/work/play neighborhoods more accessible to new home buyers and builders.
Higharc is a remote first company with satellite offices in SF and Raleigh-Durham. We offer competitive salaries with significant equity in a fast-growing, well-funded company. Personal healthiness is an important value for us - we provide comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with flexible PTO (take it when you need it) and meaningful maternity/paternity.