Higharc is a stealth-stage, VC-backed startup that is changing how new homes are designed and built. Our goal is to make custom-fit homes accessible to anyone by automating home design and customization online. Higharc gives you the home you want without hiring an architect.
ABOUT THE JOB
Are you excited about graphics, rendering, and geometry? Are you interested in getting involved in a rapidly moving software product delivering cutting edge technologies to consumers? We’re looking for a software engineering intern with a focus on graphics (eg. three.js, webGL) intern to join our team this summer.
At Higharc, you won't be doing coffee runs - our interns go at the same energized pace and take on the same types of challenges and responsibilities as the rest of our team. You’ll get exposure to our full product pipeline, and you’ll learn a lot about architecture. Join a friendly, supportive environment where you’ll have the chance to learn from some of the brightest minds in the industry - a team who’ve shipped products for Autodesk, Electronic Arts, Nike, and Apple.
We’re located in an awesome new office space in Durham, NC, near Duke’s east campus. You can expect to be fairly compensated for your time and effort.
- Familiarity with git
- Basic familiarity with fundamental graphics techniques like shading models (Phong, Gourad, etc)
- Familiarity with basic geometry representations like meshes, point clouds, etc.
- Must be enrolled currently at an accredited University
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week during the internship within normal business hours, Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm.
- Start/End dates TBD, based on each candidate’s schedule
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with WebGL or three.js
- Experience with raytracing, path tracing techniques
- Experience with web frameworks like React