We’re looking for a customer-focused Full Stack Developer to join us in building the best insurance product the world's ever seen.
Your role is to work in a team identifying and solving customer problems, and building product features to solve them.
Brolly's key focuses for 2019 are improving our acquisition, referral & happiness (NPS) metrics and your role will be crucial in enabling us to reach these goals. You should able to independently plan, prioritise and implement product features and improvements. You should be invested in building a product to achieve a company goal and be able to persuade and lead when your ideas can really push the needle for us.
- Full autonomy to experiment both outside and inside the product at high velocity
- Analyse customer problems, iterate and improve acquisition, conversion and retention, either fixing the product or building new features
- Work with a state-of-the-art tech stack and follow engineering best practises
- Be product focused and driven by speaking with customers and looking at data
- Be analytical, having basic data analysis skills and knowledge
- Have production quality experience with React or React Native is a plus
- Be ambitious, determined and prepared to go an extra mile to achieve your personal and company’s goals
- Have strong communication
- Be a fast builder and thinker
- Have experience as a full-stack developer
It excites us if you
- Have experience working as part of an engineering team, building and growing successful projects with real users
- Are very interested in product engineering and rapid testing
- Contribute to the open source community or have your own projects
Brolly app functionality
- Locates and identifies insurance policies in customers’ emails
- Aggregates all policies in a single place where users can easily access and manage them
- Provides actionable advice, such as being underinsured or overinsured
- Lets users conveniently buy or renew insurance providing fair and competitive pricing
- Node.js with TypeScript
- GraphQL APIs
- Apollo Server 2
- Apollo Client
- React Native with Typescript
- React with Typescript
- Mobx state management
- Lambda workers in Python and Golang
- Database: PostgresSQL
- Docker with EC2
We love engineering. We love design. And we love insurance - or what we know it should be. Brolly is creating a world where insurance is fair, precise, effortless and eventually cheaper. We truly care about our customers and we design the insurance experience focusing on what’s matters the most - price, cover, convenience and control.
At Brolly we're obsessed with creating an entirely new concept of personal insurance, and a product that customers love. Backed by top-tier VCs, we're a small team that's growing fast. Our team is energetic, friendly, and respectful. We love the things that make you different, and we love solving hard problems. We're looking for determined, passionate big thinkers to join us on our ambitious undertaking to build the future of the insurance industry.
We value your privacy! Check out our candidate privacy notice here