The Toyota Rent-a-Car (TRAC) Coordinator is responsible for processing rental agreements from start to finish. The TRAC Coordinator also ensures service efficiency by filling roles of cashier or customer service as needed by department: collect customers' payments, process repair orders, and perform general office reception functions.
As the Rental Car Coordinator on the H-Team you'll Enjoy:
- Immediate accrual of paid time off.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance; employer-paid life insurance;
- Flex spending accounts; 401(k) with company match.
- Opportunity for professional development and advancement.
- Substantial discounts on vehicle purchase, service, parts, & reconditioning.
- Free, unlimited coffee for when you need that afternoon pick-me-up!
- Employee wellness benefits, including heavily discounted membership to The Edge.
- Annual incentive bonus program, summer event, community involvement and more!
Starting in the service lane is a great way to see how our service department operates and explore our many opportunities for advancement!
Rental Coordinator Key Responsibilities:
- Fielding calls for rentals, inputting reservations.
- Billing rentals through ADP software and updating the status of vehicle for proper billing.
- Making sure vehicles are returned with a full tank of fuel and cleaned when needed for the next customer.
- Monitoring routine maintenance of all Toyota Rent a Car vehicles.
- Managing necessary vehicle inventory to ensure we have the correct amount and type of vehicles for the summer and winter seasons.
- Keeping TSD system up to date with all of the vehicle maintenance, registrations and Vermont inspections.
- Following policies and procedures as outlined in annual Toyota Rent a Car policies and procedures manual.
- Receive customers' payments for vehicle service, taking cash and checks and processing credit card payments as appropriate.
- Perform cash-up's on a daily basis.
- Answer routine questions and explain standard policies and procedures to customers, referring customers to senior staff for detailed explanations of service charges and bills.
- Periodically answer phones and take messages.
- File various documents.
- Perform related tasks as assigned.
High school diploma (or equivalent) plus two years of relevant office experience.
- Basic math skills essential; previous experience relevant to cashier duties desirable.
- Strong computer office skills, including filing and record-keeping.
- Ability to deal courteously and efficiently with customers.
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record and good judgement.
- Customer service background preferred.