As a GLOBO Interpreter you are responsible for handling telephone calls on demand and clearly communicating the meaning of conversations between the non-English and English speakers. GLOBO interpreters are the people who break communication barriers between speakers while providing exceptional service across a wide range of industries.
GLOBO interpreters are fast thinkers, able to processes information quickly, with great accuracy and sensitivity to cultural differences. You constantly maintain a professional demeanor and always adhere to industry best practices in every call. From simple to complex calls, GLOBO interpreters are always at their best and prepared for any situation.
This is a remote position and you will work from your home-office. Your home office must be a secure, quiet area free from outside distractions and noises. It’s hard to interpret consecutively from memory alone so note taking, glossaries, and dictionaries are essential tools. You must also have a dedicated landline/ fixed VoIP telephone OR high speed internet service for taking calls over your computer. Regardless of how you take calls a quality headset is essential (being hands-free makes note taking much easier!).
About the role:
As a GLOBO Interpreter you need to:
- Answer all client calls in a professional manner, relaying first name and interpreter ID for every call
- Always use polite forms of expression, enunciate clearly and always strive to provide great customer service even in emotionally charged situations.
- Conduct intake and pre-session scripting for each client
- Render correct concepts and meanings between the speakers, maintaining correct grammar, clarity and tone between languages
- Closely follow client instructions, professionally interject only when additional clarity or repetition is required, and manage the flow of the conversation.
- Always be prepared to take notes and have a medical glossary available to reference during calls
- High speed internet service with minimum download speeds of 5Mbps and upload speeds of at least 5Mbps
- Telephone service should be either a traditional landline or fixed VoIP (service directly through your cable/ internet provider). Your phone line should not have call waiting, voicemail, call forward, Caller ID, Voice Messaging, or any other feature that would interfere with call delivery.
- If you have sufficient internet speeds (5/5 Mbps or higher), you may choose to take calls directly through your computer and skip the phone all together
- Cellular and cordless phone are not allowed.
Your Background and Experience:
- Full fluency in English and Native fluency in Tagalog
- 2+ year of professional interpreting experience
- Very good cultural understanding and ability clearly explain cultural concepts to avoid miscommunication
- Very good ability to remain neutral and objective during calls, excluding personal comments and feelings from the conversation.
- Excellent accuracy - good note taking practices, listening, memory retention.
- Very good medical terminology knowledge and ability to reference medical glossaries during active calls
- Medical interpreter training or certification preferred
- 2 years of post-primary education preferred