HELIX is the first company to spin out of Google’s moonshot R&D group, X. We work with large-scale real estate tenants and building owner/operators in the US, UK and Asia. Our clients need accurate and usable 3D building plans generated quickly for construction and occupancy planning, asset purchase analysis and more. We use advanced data capture, AI and cloud compute technology to relentlessly reduce the time and cost to generate digital building models.
This is a unique opportunity to work on fun and challenging work using cutting edge technology within a young and well funded startup. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy managing and leading engineers as well as being hands on and actively contributing to tough engineering challenges, this is the job for you.
As a Technology Manager your main responsibility will be building a team of bright and ambitious engineers from the ground up. This will include working with HELIX CTO and technical leadership in order to hire the right people, establishing engineering best practices and building the office culture.
You will also be responsible for building and maintaining services that run on our Kubernetes based platform. You will work closely with product managers and engineers to put cutting-edge technology into the hands of the most advanced companies in the world.
We extensively use the Google Cloud Platform, and our technology stack includes:
- Java (Spring Boot) and Python for our services.
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Google Cloud Datastore, Neo4J.
- Compute: Kubernetes (GKE), Google Cloud Functions.
- Infrastructure: Terraform, Helm Charts, Concourse CI, Spinnaker CD.
- Frontend: React, Redux, Webpack.
- Async: Google Cloud Pub/Sub
- Point Cloud, Image Processing and ML: Python, Keras, Jupyter Notebooks.
HELIX team members hold themselves and each other to the very highest standards of software development practices and security protections. If you are ready to own what you build, we would like to invite you to join an elite global team of engineers and scientists.
Some of the things you might work on include:
- Design and build a machine learning pipeline to train computer vision and 3D algorithms.
- Design and implement new services.
- Maintain our existing set of services.
- Design and implement new API endpoints.
- Troubleshoot issues in our production environment.
- Render geometry into CAD consumable formats.
- Update our infrastructure to support new functionality.
What We Value
- Proactive attitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Open and creative approaches.
- Ability to communicate and work well with other team members.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- 8+ years proven experience in designing and building scalable and complex server side applications.
- Experience managing and mentoring highly performant engineering teams.
- Creative problem solving; independent and team thinking.
- Strong experience in Java programming, and related ecosystem: Spring, Hibernate, etc.
- Experience designing and optimizing SQL DB schemas.
- Experience working in a geographically distributed teams.
- Experience with leading and mentoring other engineers.
Nice to Haves
- Experience designing and building microservices based architectures.
- Experience with container based cloud platforms, like Kubernetes.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform technologies, such as Datastore, Pub/Sub, GKE, etc.
- Experience with graph databases such as Neo4J.
HELIX is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.