At HELIX, we are harnessing technology to change what is possible. HELIX started from the first company to spin off from Google’s X moonshot R&D group. We work with large-scale real estate tenants and building owner/operators in the US, UK and Asia. Our clients need accurate and usable 3D building plans generated quickly for construction and occupancy planning, asset purchase analysis and more.
We are a group of motivated domain and technology experts trying to leverage the latest in the field of Reality Capture, AI+ML, and Large Scale Distributed Systems for built environments. We use advanced data capture, AI and cloud compute technology to relentlessly reduce the time and cost to generate digital building models.
As a HELIX Senior Front-End Engineer you will be leading our efforts developing a stunning, modern and performant web application that defines how our users engage with building data. The application facilitates the curation and consumption of building related datasets that include photos and 3D models in a simple and intuitive way. It is powered by a mix of backend services and asynchronous jobs that perform advanced data manipulation leveraging the latest deep learning technologies. You will work intimately with our Head Product Manager and UI/UX Consultants to develop, implement and own the core user experience.
You will join a highly experienced and performance orientated engineering team split across our offices in Guadalajara, Silicon Valley and London. In addition to your primary role as a Front-End Web Application Engineer you will also contribute towards designing our backend APIs. HELIX team members hold themselves and each other to the very highest standards of software development practices and security protections. If you are ready to own what you build, define the future of a unique user experience and join an elite global team then we want to hear from you.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- 7+ years proven experience in building and deploying web applications
- Well experienced with WebPack, Babel, npm
- Well experienced with Git branching, rebasing and merging
- Team player and fast learner
- Experience developing software as part of a team
- Diligent and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Natural orientation to create visually attractive products
- Comfortable adapting to evolving requirements
- Ability to deliver quality results in a fast paced environment
- Analytically minded
- Experienced in software development best practices (unit testing, continuous integration, continuos delivery, e2e testing)
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or similar cloud platforms
- Practical experience with Kubernetes or similar deployment technologies
- Exposure to machine learning concepts applied to computer vision
- Experience with computational geometry concepts
- Experience with Gatsby and Netify
- Participate in the team’s daily stand ups and weekly demos
- Actively contribute to growing the knowledge base of the team
- Comply with software development best practices and code reviews
- Be proactive in defining the API endpoints that your application will require
- Occasional contribution to back-end activities such as setting up data processing workflows, managing databases, contributing to our RESTful API
The HELIX Technology Stack
- Google Cloud Platform
- Kubernetes, Terraform, Vault, Concourse CI
- React, Redux, SCSS, Enzyme, Jest, Cypress, ThreeJS, d3js
- Postgres, Neo4j
- OpenCV, TensorFlow, Flask
- Github, Jira
HELIX is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please send your CV with a note describing your interest and experience related to this position to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply with the form below.