As a HELIX Senior User Experience (UX) Designer you will lead our efforts to create a stunning, modern and intuitive web application that defines how our users engage with building data.
The primary role of the Sr. UX Designer is to work with Product Managers (PMs) in researching, designing, and testing new product interfaces, enhancements, and rewrites. The Sr. UX Designer will review requirements and use cases, perform user research and interviews, and provide product user interface designs that are consistent with HELIX patterns and standards and usability best practices. The Sr. UX Designer will create site maps, task flows, and application models. The Sr. UX Designer must be comfortable working with highly technical colleagues and must be self-motivated and accountable.
• Create product UI drawings/wireframes, logic flows, site maps, and application models
• Participate in user groups and user shadowing to gather feedback and recommendations
• Work with End Users, Software Developers and Product Managers to understand and visually articulate new software product design requirements
• Update existing designs to accommodate new or changed user requirements
• Update and maintain online Product Design System and architecture documentation
• Maintain relationships and set expectations with product owners and stakeholders
• 5+ years of UX design experience
• 3+ years of experience working as UX Designer in a Senior / Lead /Principle role
• Experience with UX design tools such as Figma, Illustrator, Zeplin or Balsamiq
• Ability to quickly produce usable prototypes as well as beautiful, well-crafted final designs
Preferred Experience and Characteristics
• Passion for information design and the visual presentation of data
• Firm understanding of Web, Visual, and User-Centered Design Principles
• Exceptionally keen eye and attention to detail and consistency
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to listen to and incorporate feedback; willingness to learn and take direction
• Practical understanding of Bootstrap, HTML, and CSS/LESS
• Practical understanding of Atlassian Tools (Trello, JIRA, Confluence)
• Experience with web, mobile, and desktop UI design
• Exceptional fortitude, creativity, accountability, and flexibility
Bonus: Architecture or Construction experience / background
• Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, startup environment that may occasionally require long hours
• Capable of delivering high-quality with short timelines
Based in our San Mateo, CA Office (halfway between SF and San Jose)
At HELIX, we harness LIDAR, Photogrammetry, CV, AI and ML technology to simplify mapping, data collection, visualization and communication related to large building portfolios. Our solutions are in closed beta and available to a very small, select group of the most admired companies. If you are interested in next generation technology related to the built environment, get in touch to find out more.
This is a full-time (40hrs) position and offers typical tech-company benefits.
HELIX is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Please send your CV with a note describing your interest and experience related to this position to email@example.com