HELIX is the first company to spin out of Google’s moonshot R&D group, X. We work with large-scale real estate tenants and building owner/operators in the US, UK and Asia. Our clients need accurate and usable 3D building plans generated quickly for construction and occupancy planning, asset purchase analysis and more. We use advanced data capture, AI and cloud compute technology to relentlessly reduce the time and cost to generate digital building models.
This is a unique opportunity to work on fun and challenging work using cutting edge technology within a young and well funded startup.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for building and maintaining services that run on our kubernetes based platform. You will work closely with product managers and engineers to put cutting-edge technology into the hands of the most advanced companies in the world.
Our tech stack includes:
- Java (Spring Boot) for our services.
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Datastore, Neo4J.
- Deployment: Kubernetes (GKE).
- Frontend: React, Redux, Webpack.
- Async: Google Cloud Pub/Sub
- Image Processing/ML: Python, Keras, Jupyter Notebooks.
HELIX team members hold themselves and each other to the very highest standards of software development practices and security protections. If you are ready to own what you build, we would like to invite you to join an elite global team of engineers and scientists.
Some of the things you might work on include:
- Design and implement new services.
- Maintain and extend our existing set of services.
- Design and implement new API endpoints.
- Troubleshoot issues in our production environment.
- Identifying and optimizing a SQL query that’s performing slowly.
- Update our infrastructure, using Terraform, to support new functionality.
What We Value
- Proactive attitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Open and creative approaches
- Ability to communicate and work well with other team members.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years proven experience in building scalable HTTP based APIs.
- Creative problem solving; independent (and team!) thinking; great communication skills.
- Strong experience in Java programming, and related ecosystem: Spring, Hibernate, etc.
- Experience designing/optimizing SQL databases.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with development on container based microservices cloud platforms, like Kubernetes.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform technologies, such as Datastore, Pub/Sub, GKE, etc.
- Experience working in a geographically distributed team.
- Experience with leading and mentorship of other engineers.
- Experience with graph databases such as Neo4J.
HELIX is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.